How we collect information on 108.jobs
- When registering as a user of the Website or during your time as a user of the Website you will be asked to provide information to us. We may or may not inform you at the time of collecting information from you whether you must provide the information to use the Website or a particular 108.jobs Service, or whether the provision of information requested by us is optional. We will inform you at the time of collecting information from you whether the information that you provide to us will be accessible to other users of the Website or by third parties, so that you can decide whether to provide the information to us.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Information that you submit in response to surveys or polls
- Details of applications for employment positions that you make using the Website
- Details of resumes or curricula vitae which you make available on the Website for third parties to brows in connection with employment, consultant or contractor positions
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
- Proof of identity that we request from you before we disclose personal information to you that we hold (in order to establish that we are disclosing the personal data to you and not to someone pretending to be you)
- Personal details that you submit to us, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, gender and date of birth.
Uses made of the information
- 108.jobs’s Customers post information about employment, consultant or contractor vacancies on the Website, whether on their own behalf or, if a recruitment or consultancy, on behalf of third parties (“Job Specifications”). These Job Specifications can then be accessed and read by other users of the Website. You can search for registered Customers of the Website, whether they are direct employers or agencies. 108.jobs does not vet or monitor the Job Specifications in terms of their terms and conditions applicable to the use of your personal information.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide registered Customers of the Website with the information that you submit to the Website in response to a Job Specification. Submission of information by you to a particular Job Specification is treated by us to be permission to forward to that information to the Customer or Customers that have posted that Job Specification only
- If you choose to be a registered user of the Website, we will display details of the personal information about you that you submit to the Website for registered Customers of the Website, so that Customers are able to evaluate whether you are a suitable candidate for a vacant position (whether or not a Job Specification); you will be able to control the type of personal information about you which will be displayed in this way through your user account
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we ,feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your email address to send you updates or news regarding the Website or a 108.jobs Service, but you may choose not to receive emails of this type by accessing the Website and updating your notification settings. Additionally, we or a registered Customer may use your email address to contact you where you are a registered user or if you have responded to a Job Specification.
Disclosure of your information to other people
If you provide personal information to us you understand and agree that we may disclose your personal information to third parties expressly mentioned in this Policy and the following third parties:
- If you have indicated at registration, or at any time during your time as a user of the Website, that you are happy to receive information or promotions from selected third parties about goods and services which may be of interest to you, you consent to us sending you such offers or information. You may opt out of receiving such offers or change your preferences at any time by accessing the “Email notifications” tab on the "Your Account" page of the Website or alternatively, if you have problems doing this, you can contact us
- Any member of our group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries
- To the prospective seller or buyer of any business or assets related to the Website or all or part of 108-1009 Group Co., Ltd
- We will notify you when information about you may be provided to third parties in ways other than explained above, and you will have the option to prevent such information sharing at the time that we notify you.
- We may provide them with aggregate anonymised information about the Website’s users. For example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have registered as users of the Website, or we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit a particular Job Specification on the Website, the demographic breakdown of our registered users of the Website or the activities that visitors to the Website engage in while on the Website. We may also use such aggregate anonymised information to help Customers improve their Job Specifications.
Security and control of your personal data
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not to share your Website password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will endeavor to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to endeavor to prevent unauthorized access. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the Internet, and you hereby release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
- You should be aware that when you disclose personally identifiable information and agree to make that information available to our Customers on the Website (e.g. by submitting a CV to a recruiter Customer using the Website) that the information disclosed in your communication may be used by the Customer. These third parties may use your information (for example they may contact you, arrange an interview with you, review your suitability for a particular position) and such third activities are beyond our control.
- As a registered user of the Website and/or the 108.jobs Service, you can modify your personal information at any time by accessing the Website or alternatively if you have problems doing this, you can contact us. It is your responsibility to keep your personal information up to date at all times.
Link to third party websites
- The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, Customers, advertisers and affiliates as well as third party websites to which we have no affiliation. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
IP Addresses and Cookies
- We may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, statistical purposes. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file, which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. On revisiting the Website our computer server will recognize the cookie, giving us information about your last visit. They help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize the Website according to your individual interests and make your usage of the Website more enjoyable
- To speed up your searches
- For information on how to control your cookies you may go to www.allaboutcookies.org
Access to information and updating, verifying and deleting personal data
- At any time, you can make a written request to have access to all the personal information that we hold about you. We will do our best to provide this information to you and may request a small administrative charge.
- You may inform us of any changes in your personal data and in accordance with our obligations to you, we will update or delete your personal data accordingly.
User feedback and complaints