Phonesack Group Co., Ltd is one of the largest wholly owned Lao companies. The Company employs over 100 supportive personnel at its headquarters and over 2500 employees and sub-contractors throughout sites in Lao PDR.
Now is an exciting time to build a career with Phonesack Group Co., Ltd. (PSG). We have a huge range of projects which require driven and talented people to join our team, to lead and collaborates innovative ideas. We are currently seeking the following positions:
1. Social Development Supervisor – 1 position
Work location: Kaleum District, Xekong Power Plant Limited (XPPL), Xekong Province, Lao P.D.R.
Working day: 60 days, off: 08 days (9 hours/day).
- Manage and supervise overall social works owned by Xekong Power Plant Limited (XPPL);
- Coordinate with Government Officials at the provincial, district, and village authorities on the grievance mechanic of social issue, and the implementation of social development plan. Lead the Company’s interaction with local stakeholders, including community and government officials;
- Ensure that all social management works and relevant documents are complied with the applicable laws, project plan, and standard;
- Review environmental plans and responsible for monitoring construction, exploration, and exploitation activities to be compliance with NSEIA and NSEMMP report;
- Develop the social development annual project plan including resettlement and livelihood restoration plan and contribute to annual revision of the 5 years community development plan. Direct the working plan for project and responsibilities;
- Assist to screening of village development plan and the analyses of priorities (facilitation during village meeting, pre budgeting and facility the emergence of project);
- Assist to local authorities and external partner in preparing project plan to be submitted to government;
- Ensure compliance of all plan with social development procedures;
- Supervise and monitor implementation of social development activates and, including regular field visits;
- Coordinate with other departments within XPPL in order to facilitate the environment and social works;
- Advise community on village development during after social development plan process to maximize opportunities, build capacity and foster ownership; Budget preparation;
- Prepare and conduct the training for village committees on social development plan cycle and procedures;
- Ensure reporting on social works and support weekly, monthly, yearly reporting for XPPL;
- Provide advices and support the documentation and follow up as request from PSG;
- Support the preparation of visit from independent monitoring advisor and other partners: preparation of field visit, documentation, etc.; and
- Other tasks assigned by Phonesack Group.
- Degree in community development, social/policies science or equivalent relevant experience;
- At least 5-year experience in a similar position, or experience in working with community and government institution;
- Strong capacity to explain and mobilize communities around development project;
- Excellent data survey, analyses and reporting skill;
- Strong planning and organizing skills;
- Gave experiences working with the local authority, community and NGOs;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both English and Lao;
- Good computer literacy and Microsoft offices Suite, including Word, Excel, Microsoft Access, and Power Point;
- Be flexible, reliable and trustworthy;
- Ability to work proactively and with initiative; Ability to work as part of a team;
- Willing to work on site conditions and at difficult conditions sometimes; and
- Be able to work and meet tight deadline and also under pressure.
We offer the successful candidate an excellent salary and benefits package, National Social Security Fund, Field travels Allowance, Residence in camp and meals, etc…
We invite qualified candidate to submit your resume stating position apply for, your present and expected salary and ref directly, E-mail to: email@example.com or send hard copy of application form to the Human Resources Department at: Phonesack Group, Ltd. Unit 15, Sithong Road, Pakthang Village, Sikhottabong District, P.O. Box 1808, Vientiane Lao PDR. Tel: 021 550497, Ext 1153, Fax: (856-21) 550498, website: www.phonesackgroup.com; Face book page: Careers at phonesackgroup