||MEL Manager / MEL Officer
||USAID Laos Microenterprise
||M & E
||Chief of Party
||NATIONAL/ INTERNATIONAL POSITION
The MEL Team will support the Laos Microenterprise Activity in making data on the (quality of) implementation and achievements available and thereby assist the project teams to get lessons learnt and implement the Project with high quality.
These positions will be based in Xiengkhouang Province, Lao PDR. The MEL Manager will guide the MEL Team while the M&E Officer if required will support him/her in its implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Manages overall monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) of the project: in collaboration with an International MEL Expert, the MEL Team supports the Project in the design, development of and implementation of the Project MEL plan, including design of data collection, collation and analysis tools and methodologies; the development of Project dataflow; development and implementation of data quality assurance procedures; database design; management and/or leading annual surveys and evaluations while ensuring alignment with ACDI/VOCA and industry standards;
- Tracks and analyzes project indicators (including setting targets) and other useful statistics and prepares high-quality and timely reports using the developed formats and communication channels;
- include qualitative data collection and analysis to measure project performance and support its planning;
- Ensures MEL quality and standards adhere to guidelines and standard good practices;
- Conducts regular field visits to monitor community level interventions for compliance, efficiency in implementation, and overall satisfaction of beneficiaries and stakeholders;
- Participates in / leads evaluations, selected research activities and baseline surveys by providing the necessary program and organizational support;
- Actively participates in the knowledge management system to capture relevant formal information that will inform decisions and supports Project reporting requirements and fosters learning within the Project;
- Contributes to the development and implementation of knowledge management to further stimulate use of evidence for learning, strategic adaptive management, and high-impact intervention;
- Works with technical team to include data capture for learning and adaption within the Project - organize and facilitate regular staff meetings to share experiences and lessons, and brainstorm ways to apply new learning;
- Connects best practices and learning within the Project;
- Coordinates closely with Project Manager to ensure activities and data are shared and synced up together and tell one cohesive story.
Capacity Building and Program Quality
- Supports the training of other program staff on all aspects of MEL necessary for ensuring efficiency and effectiveness of the Project MEL system;
- Ensures implementation of ACDI/VOCA internal guidelines including integration of all USAID MEL and Reporting requirements.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Contributes to the development and implementation of knowledge management to further stimulate use of evidence for learning, strategic adaptive management, and high-impact programming;
- Works with technical team to include data capture for learning and adaption
- Works with the program teams to capture lessons learned during implementation and feeds this information into thought leadership and research opportunities and into ongoing Project management and design.
Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, international development, agriculture, business administration or relevant field
- Coursework in M&E, research and evaluation methodologies, statistical analysis or organizational development is an asset
- Experience in working with development projects is an asset, ((For the MEL Manager Position at least 3 years working on monitoring, evaluation, and learning will be required)
- Good knowledge in using MS Excel
- For the MEL Manager Position, extensive field experience in developing practical, useful, timely monitoring systems that promote use of data for adaptive management and learning will be an asset
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in building iterative learning systems or feedback loops and approaches
- Significant experience in facilitating learning and capacity building;
- Strong group process design and facilitation skills, including developing and leading workshops (especially for the MEL Manager Position)
- Demonstrated ability to manage and communicate effectively with team members of varied work styles;
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving;
- Good written and oral communications skills in English and Lao are required.
Interested candidates should submit a CV to Email: LaosRecruit@joinav.org
Deadline on 25 Sep 2019.