Manager, Administration Section/Unit
Responsible to: Executive Director of the Secretariat
The Nam Theun 2 (NT2) Watershed Management Protection Authority’s (WMPA) mandate is to work with local communities and implementing agencies to ensure sustainability of biological diversity and living condition and welfare of watershed inhabitants.
The WMPA Secretariat is a permanent executive office to the Board, in charge of day to day execution of all activities and has the rights and duties to coordinate with all concerned sectors and organisations, domestic and international, local and central levels as authorized by the Board.
Directly responsible for the effective function of:
- The Administration (Asset, Database, Secretary) Unit/Sub-unit;
- The Finance (Finance, Account, Treasury) Unit/Sub-unit;
- The Planning and Monitoring Unit/Sub-unit;
- The Procurement (incl. Contracts) Unit/Sub-unit;
Principal Accountabilities/Main Tasks:
- Provide administrative support to the Director’s Cabinet in the day to day management of the Authority in accordance with its role and duties and specific directions of the Directors;
- Supervise and maintain financial and administrative records and monitoring of WMPA financial systems and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for reports;
- Coordination and liaison with the internal sections/units, sub-units, partners, and stakeholders to ensure an informed interaction/participation for successful implementation;
- Oversee and ensure correct and effective management of the Authority’s bank accounts;
- Manage WMPA staff in accordance with the Staff Management Manual approved by the BoD;
- Manage the preparation and/or development of monthly, quarterly and annual budget plans based on project activities and monitor the implementation;
- Account records of financial transactions and affairs of the Authority from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data;
- Consolidate and finalise financial reports for submission to the Secretariat and the Authority;
- Maintain proper records of goods and assets inventory;
- Ensure daily administrative and secretarial support to the WMPA team, including maintenance of filing system and communication equipment, well-maintained and operational;
- Supervise the project vehicles, create usage record, and ensure regular maintenance;
- Oversee and manage the Secretariat Office compound and staff accommodations, and ensure buildings are maintained and cleaned;
- Perform any other duties consistent with the Authority’s objectives and work plans, or as directed and authorised by the Executive Director and/or the BoD.
Duty Station: Nakai District-WMPA Secretariat Office
Duration: 2 years initial; may be renewed based on performance
- University (Bachelor’s) Degree, or higher, in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Management or other relevant disciplines;
- Post graduate training preferable.
Experience and Skills required:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in managing administration and operational systems (financial, administrative, staff management, efficient procurement and logistical services) and establishing inter-relationships among stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience with operational management is a requirement
- Excellent computer skills and experience with office software packages
- Working level English
Interested candidates may apply by sending a cover letter and a recent CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter the position title in the subject line of your email.
Closing date for application is: 25 August 2019
Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight on the date indicated, Lao PDR local time. Due to the high volume of applications we may receive, only candidates who reach the short list will be personally contacted.