CARE is an international humanitarian organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
Grant Manager (1position), based in Vientiane Capital
Salary package starting from 9,298,693 kip and other secondary benefits
CARE Laos is looking to recruit qualified and motivated Lao national for the following:
The Grant Manager (GM) will lead and be responsible for all aspects of grant management for CARE Laos across all programs in relation to CARE direct grants; grants to Partner's. The GM will manage all partner financial management requirements, donor reporting stakeholder liaison.
This position will support the Finance Director to ensure that all appropriate grant activities and finance systems, policies and procedures are in place and in line with the Country Office Finance Manual (COFM) and donor requirements.
The GM is required to supervise and provide technical support to Senior Finance Officer and Senior Grant officer and expected to work closely with both finance and program staff, and liaise with senior staff within the program and internationally.
STRATEGY AND LEADERSHIP:
- Actively contribute to CARE Laos strategic direction setting and organisational development as a member of CARE Laos;
- In cooperation with senior managers promote organisational cohesion and learning organisation through coordination and information sharing with and between all staff; and
- Demonstrate a passion and commitment to CARE’s approach and values including gender equality, ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity and inspire leadership on these issues through the CARE Laos team.
- Understanding and applying CARE policy and procedures, COFM and donor requirements and adherence by all staff.
- Provide consistent and constructive support to both Country Office (CO) and Field Office (FO) staff to ensure compliance with donor and CARE policies and procedures
- Ensure up to date donor rules and regulations, CARE contracts and new project budget proposal;
- Ensure there are no negative audit observations/findings related to Finance. If required, corrective action plans are developed and implemented to address audit findings;
- Promptly inform the Finance Director of any areas of concern of either potential or suspected violations of policies and procedures, including conflict of interest and fraud.
GRANT AND DONOR MANAGEMENT
- Lead the effective and efficient implementation of all grant and donor management activities according to the project proposal/design, budget to facilitate high quality outcomes for all programs;
- Provide managerial and technical guidance to the staff to ensure that the grant activities are being achieved, of excellent quality and in a timely manner;
- Collaborate with Program/Project Managers to develop budget revisions, change frames, No-Cost Extension (NCE), Costed Work Plans (CWP) including follow up with updated of CWP’s for all projects;
- Ensure all CARE budgets use the appropriate exchange rates and include inflation in budget revisions;
- Provide budget technical advice, to ensure that donor approved budgets are used effectively to achieve expected outcomes of the project(s);
- Provide accurate financial information prior to submission to the relevant stakeholder(s);
- Coordinate with Finance Manager-CO, to provide Share Program Costs (SPCs) and understand how SPC is applied in projects;
- Maintain the monthly program staff and advisors personnel allocation, field office personnel and office running costs allocation;
- Maintain updated grant matrix and monitor compliance with key milestones and reporting requirements together with program managers;
- Coordinate and finalise donor documentation requirements in coordination with other CARE Laos key senior staff; All appropriate program documentation is in place for all projects including contracts, IPIAs (Individual Project Implementation Agreements), guidelines, sub contracts, master files, reporting etc.;
- Prepares fund request to donors and follow-up donor receivables;
- Work closely with Programs on all financial management issues by participating in the monthly BvA coordination meeting.
- Performs close-out project requirements;
- Coordinate with CARE Laos key personnel in responding to donor queries; and
- Ensure that an accurate grant filing system is in place according to CARE Laos processes.
- Review monthly financial reports to ensure expenditure is on track against CWPs; provide analysis of burn rate on direct staff and activities budgets; initiate appropriate follow up actions as needed in coordination with Program/Project Manager;
- Prepares Donor required financial reports as IPIA / contract;
- Oversee timely financial reporting as per approved grant agreements; and
- Provide innovative solutions to the reporting needs and understanding of the users of grant and donor information.
PARTNERSHIP AND NETWORKING
- Oversee Senior Grant Officer to identify gaps in partner capacity in terms of financial management and provide training;
- In coordination with the Programs and Partnership teams, provide support to partners in financial management. Ongoing monitoring of partners’ financial systems, funding and reporting requirements;
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure the necessary preparations are made in advance of each project audit in collaboration with finance and program team;
- Provide the documents and information for external and internal auditor.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE ROLE:
- Implement Finance Immediate Response Plan;
- Speed-up commodity and financial transactions and reporting systems;
- Documentation/filing and safe keeping for audit purpose.
- Proactively manage the Annual Planning Performance Appraisal (APPA) process, including the annual appraisal, midyear review and regular 1:1 meetings, ensuring that the APPA process (including the paperwork) is an integral component of Annual Work Plans and activities. Ensure timely review and reflection on performance of line-managed staff.
- Engage in emergency preparedness, assist in any emergency response as required;
- Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a culture of safety and security awareness and ensure compliance with the safety and security policies, procedures;
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to gender equality, diversity, child protection and commitment to the Protection from Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse (PSHEA).
- Comply with CARE International in Lao PDR‘s financial and operational requirements, foster strong communication between operations and programs teams and uphold high standards of honesty and integrity in personal conduct.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting or Commerce/Economics, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience , with at least 2 years with an International Non-Government Organization (INGO);
- Proven ability to manage the complex Finance technical function, with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated high level organizational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment;
- Proven communication and representation skills including developing networks and relationships and presenting technical subjects to both internal and external audiences;
- Demonstrated good leadership, decision making, problem solving, analytical and influencing skills;
- Demonstrated honesty, maintaining confidentiality, reliable and trustworthy;
- Demonstrated understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to CARE’s approach and values including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity;
- Fluent communication skills in both in Lao and English; and
- Fully conversant in Microsoft Office and numeracy skills. Sun System experience is a plus.
The detailed Job Description could be provided upon request. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. CVs and other documents submitted to CARE will not be returned.
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and a letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline: 21st July 2019;
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce;
That Women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply;
CARE Laos has zero tolerance for sexual misconduct within or external to the organisation and imbed child protection in all they do; and
As well as pre-employment checks, CARE Laos will use the recruitment and reference process to ensure potential new staff understand and are aligned with these expectations.