Bring your talent and passion to a global company at the forefront of making life better for people in Asia. Prudential is one of the world’s leading life insurance companies and is headquartered in the United Kingdom. In Asia we have operations in 13 countries with more than 14 million customers, offering a wide range of life insurance and savings products. In Laos, Prudential Life Assurance (Lao) Company Limited has been established in 2016 and located at 6th Floor, Vientiane Plaza Hotel Office, Sailom Rd., Hatsady Neua Village, Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Capital. Our Product is available in ACLEDA bank.
As a part of an ongoing business development, Prudential Life Assurance (Lao) Company Limited is currently looking for highcaliber individuals who share our vision, to join our operations in Laos. We also provide extensive training and development opportunities, international-exposure and equality of opportunity for all who apply for and who perform work for the organization including, among others, candidates, interns, apprentices, full‐time and part‐time employees, contactors, consultants, as well as executive and non‐executive directors.
Position Title: Manager, Procurement
Division: Finance & Corporate Strategy /
Report to: Director, Finance & Corporate Strategy
Location: Vientiane Office
Candidate’s category: Lao National Only
- To oversight all related procurement policies and frameworks in resonation with regional policies and internal compliances;
- To maintain daily procurement operation processes end to end to ensure the department operations are going smoothly & effectively within timely manner;
- Make sourcing decision with consideration total value to the Company including quality, service, technology, risk, compliance and cost
- Manage and monitor vendor data base with up to date availability of vendor in both local vendor and outside of Laos
- To ensure mandatory compliance policies/requirements to procurement polices/contracts such as Anti Money Laundering and Anti Bribery and Corruption had been adhered and properly applied
- To perform and act as the Health and Safety officer of the company to ensure the effectiveness of H&S operating plan and implementation and the requirements from the group/regional team;
- Monitor and manage Storage manual and process to ensure the safeguard of the company documents and property;
- Prepare vendor/supplier contracts of the company and contract segmentation to ensure the update contract segmentation and the compliance of contract requirements and review.
Key responsibilities Corporate Strategy:
- Lead and oversight the day-to-day works of procurement unit to ensure the department activities compliant with the group policy and the local business practice and deliver the department activities within a timely manner;
- Manage & formalize the compulsory and requirement procurement SOPs including but not limited to Procurement Management Framework, Vendor Management Framework, Procurement SOP, etc.;
- Supervise the procurement team and follow up day to day operations of the department including the company facility management (office Assets, property, office space etc.…) to ensure the smooth & effective operations of department within timely manner;
- Be accountable for the Department’s activities and risks within the Company’s risk appetite and applicable regulatory/compliance requirements. This includes conducting activities in a controlled environment to ensure material internal incidents or events exceeding the Company’s tolerances do not occur;
- Effectively perform the controls and tasks required by and documented in the Company’s Risk/Compliance Framework, as applicable.
- University degree, preferably in business, administration, finance, legal or related field;
- At least 5 years’ experience in procurement & Property/Asset management would be an advantage;
- Enthusiastic to learn the new job and be able to work under stress environment and time pressure;
- Diplomatic skill over the negotiation internally and with suppliers and good interpersonal skills;
- Good Command of general MS office tool;
- Fluent in Lao and English;
Application closing date: 26th April 2019
How to apply:
- Please submit your CV with references, a Letter of Interest and expected salary for the post you are applying for, a recent photograph, copy of work records and copy of academic certificates and transcripts to: email@example.com
- Or collecting an application form/or contact us for further details at the Human Resources Department, Prudential Life Assurance (Lao) Company Limited, Unit A, 6th Floor, Vientiane Plaza Hotel Office, Sailom Rd., Hatsady Neua, Chanthabouly, Vientiane, Lao PD.; Tel: 021-211122 & 021-21114. Website: www.prudential.la Prudential Laos
Remark: All submitted documents will not be returned to applicants. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview