We are currently looking for Project Manager (LtR) based in Vientiane
The Regional Project Manager is responsible for the management of all Learn to Read (LtR) Project activities as well as finance, logistics, administration, security, representation and advocacy. S/he will work under the supervision of the DCOP. S/he will line manage the Professional Development Coordinator, Finance Officer, Gender & Social Inclusion Manager, Admin & Log Officer, Community Engagement Coordinator, MEAL officer, and Provincial Coordinators based in the region and province.
The post holder will serve as the primary budget holder for the region, with the flexibility to delegate budget holder responsibility to direct reports. The post holder will ensure work plans are executed with quality and in a timely manner. S/he will coordinate closely and regularly with the MEAL manager.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREA OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities and other pertinent policies.
- Ensure optimal security management procedures and practices are in place and continually monitor the security situation, adapting staff safety procedures accordingly.
- That child safeguarding is integrated and given a “voice” in all management processes including recruitment, induction, performance management, team meetings, annual planning processes, field level monitoring, etc.
Annual planning and reporting:
- Leads regional sub-office and contribute to SCI Lao country annual planning and reporting;
- Submit regular reports on programmes, operations quarterly, external context, challenges faced, etc.
Oversight and management of Program Implementation
- Through DCOP, oversees LtR program implementation in regional sub-office, ensuring work is closely aligned with Save the Children organisational objectives, is implemented in strict conformity with USAID agreement, and meets the highest standards of technical quality;
- Provides management support to provincial managers to ensure program support and government authorization (MOUs) requires to implement program are in placed timely and facilitate the program implementation;
- Leads, with support from DCOP to organize kick off meeting for the grants related to regional programs;
- Responsible for overall implementation of regional programmes, and delegates responsibility for field delivery of high quality programming in line with the objectives of the country strategy and LtR project;
- Monitors implementation of LtR; adhere to financial and budget holder reporting requirements; ensure programmes are receiving the operational support and inputs needed.
- Ensures that all programs in the region have adequate work plan including phase budget plan and Detailed Implementation Plan; leads and supports team to develop SOF loaders for respective grants with support from award and finance team;
- Provides support to delegated budget holders so that grant-related activities are completed on time, on budget, and achieve their target objectives;
- Ensures that all programs in the regions are closed out or phased out with exist plan properly according to award management guidelines and government requirement as stated in the MOUs.
- Ensure programs are implemented in ways responsive to the communities and children with Save the Children principles, values and strategic plan and also following Save the Children compliance procedures. This includes working with government and national NGO-partners.
- Provide overall technical support for the effective implementation of activities in all programming sectors, including control over budget expenditures, while ensuring transparency and compliance with donor regulations.
- Provide support to budget holders so that grant-related activities are completed on time, on budget, and achieve their target objectives.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning:
- Works with team to mobilizes appropriate technical resources within the CO to ensure a baseline and end line surveys;
- Contribute to ensures that program materials developed and approaches targeted to age, gender and developmental stages of children;
- Makes regular field-visits to different programme activities to check the quality, identify best practices, address issues and provide technical support to implementation teams. In particular, including monitoring the implementation of the Child Safeguarding Risk Management Plan;
- Coordinates with other programmes within Laos to create synergies and avoid duplications;
- In coordination with MEAL Manager, supports development and implementation of MEAL tools to track and report on accomplishments and challenges, and link learning to continuous program improvement.
- Master’s degree in or closely related field required.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of managing large field based operations.
- Extensive experience in programme management and ability to lead a programme and support a team working from remote locations.
- Skills and experience in project/programme monitoring review, reporting and evaluation.
- Strong team management and capacity-building skills and experience.
- Solid experience in grant management, including budget holding and donor reporting and effective financial and budgetary control in securing and managing grants.
- Experience in management of Human Resources, finance, logistics, administration, security, representation and advocacy.
- Ability to produce successful project proposals and high quality reports.
- Ability to represent Save the Children, promote and advocate for children’s rights and maintain good relations at a regional and provincial level with donors, UN organisations, international and national Non-Government Organizations and local authorities.
- Ability and willingness to live in the northern region of Laos and work with limited supervision and to use own initiative.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims values and principles.
- Team player with capacity to coordinate multiple stakeholders, work under pressure and tight deadlines and manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Working experience in Asia context.
- Master’s Degree in one of our thematic areas such as health, or International Development or Business Administration or other relevant area.
Contract length: fixed term
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Interested candidates please submit a full application using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document including contact details of three professional referees. Please also include details of your salary expectations; a copy of your ID card and preferably Criminal Records (ໃບ້ແຈ້ງໂທດ) to Save the Children, HR Team, Rue Nerhu, Unit 25, Ban Phonexay (PO Box 7475) or email to email@example.com
Please indicate the title of position in your email subject line and also mention the location you apply to
Closing date for applications is: 28th March 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you require to see the full role profile, please send an email by indicating the title of position and location in your email to HR team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Save the Children International is a child rights based organization. Safe recruitment is central to the safeguarding of children and young people that we come into contact with, and support through our programmes.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the children is an equal opportunities employer, qualified females, persons with disability and candidates from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.