World Vision Lao, a non-profit Christian Humanitarian Organization, committed to working with the poor and vulnerable.
WORK LOCATION- VIENTIANE CAPITAL
POSITION TITLE – RESOURCE ACQUISITION OFFICER
To support the development of quality proposals, the implementation of the resource acquisition strategy and to enhance WVL’s knowledge system
POSITION CONTEXT/ BACKGROUND:
World Vision Laos (WVL) has highlighted strengthening grant acquisition and management as part of its strategic direction and to fulfil with WV International Our Promise 2030.
To that purpose, in 2017 the new Resource Development unit was created under the direction of the Program and Quality Department (PQD), and currently (May 2018) it is formed by only one person (Resource Development Manager, RDM).
The Resource and Program Officer plays a critical role in supporting the leadership of the RDM in developing and implementing the strategy for resource diversification of World Vision Laos and enhance capacity and position of WVL for acquiring and managing bi and multi-lateral grants and private funds (PNS).
The RPO will be potentially responsible for leadership and decision making for small (<$500K) grant and PNS proposals
KEY OBJECTIVES: The position is accountable for the following main objectives
- To support the development of quality proposals
- To support in the implementation of the resource acquisition strategy
- To enhance capacity of WVL’s knowledge system
1. To support the development of quality proposals
- Quality and competitive proposals and concepts papers developed, submitted and followed up with SO/donors for funding that meet the needs of communities, align with WVL Strategy, and comply with LEAP standards and donor requirements
- Potentially accountable for leadership on proposal development for proposals under $500K value, both grants and non-sponsorship.
2. To support in the implementation of the resource acquisition strategy
- Ensure donor requirements and standards are well understood by all relevant project and field staff (particularly in start-up phase)
- Provide any necessary mentoring and monitoring support to externally funded projects in accordance to donor expectations (and internal LEAP frameworks)
- Monitor funding needs and opportunities for WVL decision-making
- Assist in developing relationship and working with SO and donors to facilitate successful resource acquisition
- Assist in mapping and updating new acquisition opportunities and follow the needs of TPs and project models
3. To enhance capacity of WVL’s knowledge system
- To ensure quality of program/project digital documentation, especially that reports and submission documents are archived properly and retrievable in the new knowledge management system (tools to be developed in coordination with RDM and Grant Manger)
- Support in the development of the GAM knowledge management system
4. Other duties assigned by supervisor according to monthly needs
For example supporting in:
- Capacity building workshop
- Project start-up workshops
- Quality Resource Acquisition Strategy and Business Plan developed/revised etc…
5. Work Environment
- Sometimes requires working overtime or on holiday/weekends to meet strict deadlines
- Field travel/project visit to the provinces approximately 10-15% of the time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in relevant discipline such as development studies, education, health, economics, management, agriculture, etc.
- At least 2 year experience in assisting in developing project / program design
- At least 2 year experience in assisting in writing proposals
- At least 2 year working in a donor relations position (that involved understanding donor’s priorities, requirements and standards, and presenting the organization to donors in a professional manner in person and in writing)
- At least 3 years of experience working in a multinational environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of programming, funding, and financial management standards
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of some sectoral programs, transformational development approaches and issues
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, positive attitude
- Strong English skills – especially written
- Computer literacy, especially in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work closely and supportively within team
- Open minded with a desire to learn new skills
- Values quality and timeliness in his/her work
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks
Interested candidates are invited to submit a COVER LETTER and CV to the address below. Please indicate the POSITION TITLE. Deadline for application is 26 March 2019, however applicants are encouraged to apply early as applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position will close early if a suitable candidate is found.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mail: People and Culture Department
P.O. Box 312 Vientiane 01005