POSITION TITLE: Accounting Manager
REPORTS TO: GM, CFO
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure financial statements are correct as per Accounting standard, Resort policies and as per law. Additionally, responsible for managing the audit function in Resort to deliver high quality guest service and financial profitability.
ACCOUNTING MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the accounting integrity of the record of daily transactions for Room, F&B outlets, Laundry and miscellaneous.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial structure.
- Providing direction to the night auditor at the Front desk to ensure proper revenue reporting
- Review all ledger details such as guest ledger, city ledger and deposit ledger to validate proper payment and revenue posting.
- If any imbalance and difference are found on the ledger, then check the PMS to correct.
- Ensure and cross check all Front desk staffs know “how to” during the system down.
- Support CFO to define the profit & loss calculation unit.
- Monitors all property inventories.
- Prepare and presenting financial reports for meeting and Share- Holders (if CFO absent).
- Approving all Travel Agent commissions, OTA commissions and releasing payments after verification (If CFO absent)
- Organize monthly credit meeting with GM, CFO and HODS.
- No account is to be transferred to the city ledger without approval.
- Liaise with the DOSM/Sales manager-leisure in respect of the credit status of travel agents before agreements are approved and released.
- Follow up the long outstanding account and keep the GM informed in the progress
- Attend sales strategy meeting with CFO on a regular basis.
- Prepare Clear understanding of “Uniform system of account for hotel” that applies for P&L report.
- Review AR Aging reports on a daily basis.
- Ensuring that cash flows are adequate to allow business units to operate without issues.
- Maintain files of all contracts, insurance policies, tax reports, expenses, payroll, etc.
- Support CFO to define the coverage of FF&E to be managed.
- The accurate management and monitor of FF&E.
- Manage all phases of AP, AR and department budget.
- Calculate and distribute staff salary and other allowances (if any).
- The accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- The timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist the General cashier in the daily banking requirements.
- The accurate and timely processing of pay transactions.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the GM, CFO and staffs regarding financial results and reporting requests.
- Assist CFO to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Check the PR and PO are accurate.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year. Monitor and advice on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support CFO with special projects and workflow process improvements.
Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and automatic account system.
BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting.
4 to 5 years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area. Experience working in hotel or professional accounting services firm is preferred.
For apply please send your CV and contact to email@example.com, 020 5664 6794