CARE Laos is looking to recruit 4 qualified and motivated Lao nationals to fulfill the positions as below:
4. Senior Finance Officer for Value Chain Development Project, (1 position, based in Dakcheung District, Sekong Province)
- Ensure adherence to CARE finance policies and procedures within the scope of this position including assisting program staff in finance related capacity building; and
- Promptly inform the Manager - Finance of any areas of concern of potential or suspected violations of policies and procedures;
- Oversee, guide, and train staff and new recruits to correct financial reports assuring that minimum standards are followed;
- Monthly review of Costed Work Plan (CWP) with all managers (ensure regular updating of CWP so that delayed expenses are carried forward);
- Prepare financial report and send all required financial documents to Vientiane office ( every two weeks);
- Maintain, coordinate and consolidate quarterly asset check in Vientiane and field offices and report to the administration manager and the Accounting Specialist for final review;
- Work with procurement staff and project managers to ensure that the CARE is adhering to minimum standards for procurement and fall in line with donor requirements;
- Providing training to all staff to understand the financial procedures and any issues that related to finance.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Commerce/Economics or other related fields with minimum 3 years’ experience or a minimum technical diploma with 4 years relevant work experience in accounting activities and capacity strengthening preferably with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO) and/or private company;
- Proven experience in accounting; (whatever the technical ability required, gender, programming etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in following standard policies, procedures and processes and ensure the implementation of basic standard transactions including the management and acquittal of a cash advance;
- A willingness to learn about CARE, gender equality and women’s empowerment activities;
- Demonstrated good interpersonal skills, sound judgment, planning, problem solving and team building skills;
- Demonstrated characteristics in honesty, reliability, trustworthiness with the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in Lao and intermediate oral and written English; and
- Intermediate (very good) ability in Microsoft Word, Excel and numeric skills.
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and a letter of application that address the Qualifications and Experience required to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline: 9th December 2018
CARE Laos is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. That women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. CARE Laos has zero tolerance for sexual misconduct within or external to the organisation and imbed child protection in all they do and as well as pre-employment checks, CARE Laos will use the recruitment and reference process to ensure potential new staff understand and are aligned with these expectations.
The detailed Job Description could be provided upon request. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. CVs and other documents submitted to CARE will not be returned.