Location: Vientiane Head office with periodic travel to the site
As GIS Officer you have responsibility for the quality of the company’s survey data recording the location and status of our forestry plantations. You will be required to regularly produce strategically important maps and reports, often to tight deadlines. Your role will be primarily desk based in our Head Office in Vientiane, however you will occasionally be asked to provide support to field survey teams.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the company’s GIS data layers.
- Import, integrate, clean and validate geospatial data from multiple sources.
- Digitize GPS tracks and merge with existing geometries.
- Identify and resolve data errors and anomalies through follow up with Land Officers.
- Generate data reports.
- Carry out geospatial analysis using company data and a range of third-party data sources.
- Geo-rectify ortho-imagery collected by field operatives using the company drone.
Produce maps for reports and publications
- BS/MS in GIS, Geomatics, Geography or closely related field.
- Advanced level desktop GIS skills, ArcGIS and or QGIS, with experience of digitization.
- Professional level English language skills.
- Advanced Excel with experience using pivot tables.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Experience or knowledge of forestry sector.
- Experience of GPS surveying.
- Experience of drone data collection.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- Experience of Android field-data collection applications.
- Driving license.
In return, we offer a competitive remuneration package, SSO and a supportive and committed team environment. If you are looking for the next challenge in your career, then why not apply today!
Interested candidates should send CV, proof of qualifications and a cover letter to: email@example.com
Tel: 021 451 841 -2. 46 Thatluang Road, Phonexay Village, Xaysettha District, Vientiane Capital
Closing date: 18/11/2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview
Using GPS machine and GIS program for creat to map
Burapha Agroforestry Co., Ltd is a Swedish/Lao plantation and wood products manufacturing company, with its own saw mill,processing facilities and plantations. We are committed to managing and developing our business in a sustainable manner. Balancing our economic, environmental and social responsibilities is necessary for sustainable business and beneficial to all stakeholders.