Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
Founded in 2002, the Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (“CHAI”) is a global health organization committed to saving lives, reducing the burden of disease and strengthening integrated health systems in low- and middle-income, while strengthening the capabilities of governments to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org.
In 2014, CHAI established a partnership with the Ministry of Health (MOH) in Lao PDR to provide technical assistance focused on Malaria elimination and strengthening supply chain management systems. Since this time, the office has grown rapidly with additional projects in vaccines, and sexual and reproductive health. CHAI is now seeking a Finance Coordinator to support the growing office.
Summary of Position:
CHAI is seeking an experienced individual with strong communication and problem-solving skills and the ability to work with diverse teams to join our Operations Team as Finance Coordinator. The Finance Coordinator will report to the Deputy Country Director and be responsible for managing finance systems and delivering timely financial report.
- Lead financial management processes across the office, including maintenance of accounting software, supporting documents and financial records in line with internal controls
- Process cash advances and expense reports for CHAI staff activities, including all relevant documentation
- Manage petty cash and monthly cash requests based on forecasts created with CHAI teams and management
- Guide program and project staff at sites on project finance and accounting related issues
- Conduct monthly budget reconciliations and work with CHAI Head Quarters to prepare timely financial reports
- Ensure compliance with Lao and donor financial regulations, including liaising with tax authorities, conducting anti-terrorist screenings of vendors and working with both internal and external auditors
- Update and maintain the office Finance and Compliance Manual in line with best practices in financial management and in liability and risk management.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field such as economics, finance, business
- Strong written and oral communication skills in Lao and English, including the ability to prepare compelling program planning and memo documents
- Good computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and accounting software.
- Proficient problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills, and the ability to build professional and collaborative relationships
- Ability to handle multiple work streams in parallel, set priorities and work independently and quickly
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in planning and managing of financial and accounting work
Deadline: July 16th, 2017
How to apply: Candidates should submit resumes online to CHAI.LaoPDR@gmail.com