Plan International is growing!
We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated development professionals interested in long term careers with a major international children’s NGO.
Plan, one of the world’s largest children’s INGOs, works with children and poor communities in 50 countries. In Laos, Plan works in Bokeo, Oudomxay and Saravan Provinces, in basic education, early childhood development, health and nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene, and promotion of children’s rights. Plan has no religious or political aims or affiliations. Visit www.plan-international.org for more information.
Plan is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, members of ethnic groups and people with disabilities. Plan offers competitive salaries and long-term employment opportunities for all posts.
Project Manager – Adolescent Program , 2 Positions Based in Oudomxay and Bokeo Province.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the Adolescent Program Manager to prepare an Annual Work Plan (including budgets) for activities in the province.
- Day to day tracking of planned activities, budget advances and actual expenditure and implementation.
- Lead the project team to develop and compile quarterly and monthly implementation plans and budgets in line with approved project proposal and donor contracts.
- Manage project staff and support them to fulfil their roles.
- Compile output reports received from project staff.
- Coordinate and communicate with the Program Manager on all issues that could delay or affect implementation of the project plan.
- Contribute to developing or adapting resources to be used for the project.
- Engage with government and local partners in planning, monitoring and implementation.
- Diploma/degree in relevant field, preferably related to Gender, Education, Project Management, Public Health or Development Studies
- Prior experience in a coordinator or management role
- Experience in developing training materials, developing a training program and lesson planning
- A minimum two-year experience of working directly with communities and schools for community development projects in remote and rural areas Have a basic understanding and awareness of gender and inclusion issues
- Have a strong commitment to achieving gender equality and the values and the role of young people in development
- Experience of working with young people and/or in training role
- Experience developing partnerships with local government
- Experience in advocacy and campaigns, youth development and community development
- Experience of compliance for donor funded projects
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills suitable for both youth and high level government audiences
- Proficiency (Upper Intermediate) in written and spoken English
- Good ICT skills including Word, Excel, email/internet, PowerPoint
- Based in the Provincial Program Unit (see position location above);
- Travelling, working and staying in remote rural communities as necessary
- Occasional travel within Laos and internationally for training and workshops
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS:
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 28 February 2018
TO APPLY FOR THIS POST:
Send your resume/CV, with cover letter. In the cover letter please indicate your preferred start date, names and contact details of three referees and your salary expectations for each position, to Plan International Laos, PO Box 6026, Vientiane, Lao PDR, or to PlanLaos.JobVacancies@plan-international.org,
Please state in cover letter how you learned about the job – through emails, INGO Directory, 108 Jobs, or friends.