KINDERGARTEN ASSISTANT TEACHER
Perform responsible human support and paraprofessional work assisting the kindergarten teacher with instructional activities and assisting students by reinforcing material already presented through special efforts and repetitions.
- Assist classroom teacher(s) in performing specific duties as assigned or undertaking specialized tasks.
- Assist in providing individual and small-group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of pupils' intellectual abilities
- Assist in establishing and maintaining standards of student behavior.
- Prepare instructional materials; reads to students.
- Assist the classroom teacher in creating an environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Help plan daily and long-range lessons and classroom activities.
- Conduct learning exercises with small groups of students.
- Alert the teacher to special needs of individual students.
- Provide escort and assistance to children as necessary.
- Check students work for compliance with teacher's instructions.
- Help maintain individual records for each student.
- Collect and display suitable material for educational displays; prepare displays; decorate classroom.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct.
Help maintain order in the classroom; monitors students to keep them on task.
- Perform a variety of office assistance tasks such as photocopying, filing, answering the telephone, etc. as required.
- Select and check out library materials for teacher's use.
- Perform related work as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
General knowledge of the practices, methods and techniques used in classroom teaching; ability to maintain confidential files and information and to compile reports; ability to deal effectively with students and teachers; skill in the use of classroom and instructional equipment; ability to operate standard office, word and data processing equipment; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, parents, students and associates.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree in Education or equivalent preferred.
- Teacher credential as specified under state regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Significant standing; some walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing, and pulling. Have an ability to lift 10kg.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
Please send your CV to email: email@example.com
Contact Phone/Extension: 020 55928899, 030 5458899