Plan International is growing!
We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated development professionals interested in long term careers with a major international children’s NGO.
Plan, one of the world’s largest children’s INGOs, works with children and poor communities in 50 countries. In Laos, Plan works in Bokeo, Oudomxay and Saravan Provinces, in basic education, early childhood development, health and nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene, and promotion of children’s rights. Plan has no religious or political aims or affiliations. Visit www.plan-international.org for more information.
Plan is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, members of ethnic groups and people with disabilities. Plan offers competitive salaries and long-term employment opportunities for all posts.
Safeguarding and Training Coordinator, Based in Vientiane Capital with frequent travel to remote provinces and districts (up to 50%).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide advice, support and guidance to managers and staff ensuring that adequate Safeguarding measures are integrated into office operations, processes and programs.
- Attend and support program team meetings to provide the advice on risk assessement form and other policies.
- Provide support and training to key teams and/or departments within the offices to ensure Safeguarding risk identification and follow-up strategies.
- Deliver mandatory Safeguarding briefings, inductions and trainings to all staff, consultants, visitors, partners and communities
- Coordinate the implementation of Plan’s Safeguarding standards, annual self assessment and action plan, ensuring managers are aware of which standards apply to their area of responsibility and manage reporting with International Headquarters and on the online Magique system.
- Coordinate the Safeguarding Focal Points (one for each office), including monthly Skype meetings, regular training, and follow up of any issues identified.
- Delivery the specific training for Safeguarding Focal Points as needed
- Receive reports on child protection allegations and respond effectively in line with local procedures,.
- Knowledge of development programming, knowledge of child protection is preferred
- Knowledge of rights-based development approaches and how to apply these to programming. Knowledge of child rights based approaches is preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in training and facilitating workshops, including planning and coordination.
- Demonstrated skills in field monitoring and support.
- High level speaking and writing skills in English and Lao.
- Prior experience working in a diverse team.
- Strives for high performance and involves others in setting and achieving goals. Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behavior and promotes a learning environment in the organisation.
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS:
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 19 February 2018
TO APPLY FOR THIS POST:
Send your resume/CV, with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees including salary expectations for each position, to Plan International Laos, PO Box 6026, Vientiane, Lao PDR, or to PlanLaos.JobVacancies@plan-international.org,
Please state in cover letter how you learned about the job – through emails, INGO Directory, 108 Jobs, or friends.