CARE is an international humanitarian organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
Partnership and Capacity Development Advisor
(1 position, based in Vientiane Capital)
Strategy and Leadership:
- Work closely with CARE Denmark /DANIDA Development Program to support the development and review of the Lao Civil Society Support Program;
- Lead the development and review of the program design including analysis, theory of change, developing program concepts and sourcing funding and partnership opportunities;
- Ensure quality, coherence and synergy of gender related work in program development planning and management;
- Support to Learning House for Development Association (LDA) to ensure wider outreach and support to a larger number of emerging Lao CSO’s (beyond the core partners) through a recognized Lao capacity development provider, and contribute to institutionalize a civil society capacity development facility in Laos;
- Support to Network and Networking to strengthen the collaboration between organizations and with the government at provincial and national level;
- Work closely with CARE Denmark for criteria guideline development for core partners selection;
- Develop CARE Laos Civil Society Support programmes approach and methods to partnership and civil society capacity development;
Program Implementation AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Work with CARE colleagues to identify new/potential partners.
- Ensure the efficient and proper use of project funds in line with the approved budget and in compliance with CARE’s finance manual and donor guidelines;
- Track and manage project expenditure through regular review of budget versus actual (BVAs), and contribute to costed work plans;
- Oversee small grant provided to core partners and innovative grants for partners to align with the guideline for the grants;
Strengthening CAPACITY AND COORDINATION:
- Ensure timely and quality delivery of capacity development for partners;
- Ensure the team develops, refines, and compiles technical training materials for partners;
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
- Developing a monitoring framework for the program based on outcome mapping and agreed capacity; development frameworks;
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in social and development field or equivalent and/ or a minimum 6 years relevant work experience, preferably in NPA/CSOs capacity development or support and/ or management for an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO);
- Proven experience to provide technical advice for program(s) implementation in a geographic area or in a technical and/or an integrated single stream process;
- Strong facilitation, analytical and strategic skills;
- Demonstrated high level organisational, financial and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment;
- Demonstrated understanding of gender equality and a commitment to CARE’s approach and values including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity;
- Representational skills including developing networks and relationships with key stakeholders;
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in both Lao and English; and
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and a letter of application that address the Qualifications and Experience required to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline: 1st January 2018
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE is committed to protecting the rights of children. CARE reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child safe environment.
The detailed Job Description could be provided upon request. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. CVs and other documents submitted to CARE will not be returned.