Bring your talent and passion to a global company at the forefront of making life better for people in Asia. Prudential is one of the world’s leading life insurance companies and is headquartered in the United Kingdom. In Asia we have operations in 13 countries with more than 14 million customers, offering a wide range of life insurance and savings products. In Laos, Prudential Life Assurance (Lao) Company Limited has been established in 2016 and located at 6th Floor, Vientiane Plaza Hotel Office, Sailom Rd., Hatsady Neua Village, Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Capital. Our Product is available in ACLEDA bank.
As a part of an ongoing business development, Prudential Life Assurance (Lao) Company Limited is currently looking for high-caliber individuals who share our vision, to join our operations in Laos. We also provide extensive training and development opportunities, and international-exposure.
Position Title: Executive, Application and Infrastructure support
Report to: Senior Manager, IT
Location: Vientiane Office
Candidate’s category: Lao National
- Develop technical specifications to meet defined business requirements.
- Assist and participate in development of functionalities (code-cutting).
- Conduct unit testing of functionalities to ensure compliance with business requirements.
- Analyze problems and implement appropriate technical solutions.
- Provide assist to IT projects.
- Create Technical Specification.
- Enhancement on existing system and specify the impact.
- Maintain and documents the changes.
- Create effective and efficient flow of the programs.
- Contributing to the shared KPIs and goals of Company.
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software or network
- Install new software on users computers
- Clean, modify and repair computer hardware including monitors, keyboard and printers
- Make sure that the network is properly and follow the company policy
- Daily user support computer operations, basic networking, user helpdesk, and user computer training
- Trouble shooting on error, Identify cause of problems, Provide solutions, List of impacted daily users
- Understand and adhere to regional IT standards, governance framework, policies and guidelines to ensure compliance of the team.
- Assist the various projects in teams to ensure projects (e.g. new product launches) and work requests are delivered according to plan.
- Assist relationships with key regional IT, application vendors and service providers.
- Coordinate the allocation & completion of work requests within the team to ensure they meet agreed turnaround times.
- Ensure full understanding of relevant internal/external policy and procedural requirements as well as regulatory/statutory requirements.
- Liaise with Regional office for issues related to technology requirements, support, problem resolution, upgrade and maintenance of system.
- Coordinate the running and monitoring of daily tasks for the core systems and to ensure that the business operates smoothly.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following skill set:
- Degree in Computer Science or engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of programming experience
- Been involved in an IT systems integration project or deep understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Fluent in multiple programming languages and expert in user’s application development tools, such as C#, JAVA, J2EE, Visual Basic, WebSphere.
- Sound working knowledge of basic network concepts including, TCP/IP, DNS, LAN/WAN concepts
- Excellent ability to diagnose PC, system, and printer issues using knowledge base or existing technical knowledge/skills.
- Able to communicate effectively in English.
- Willingness to work long hours when necessary.
- Understand in various OS Window Server, Linux, Unix and VMware.
- Ability to interact with business users in a professional manner.
- Being good at listening skills, teamwork and demonstrates intellectual curiosity.
Application closing date: 26th December 2017
How to apply:
- Please submit your CV with references, a Letter of Interest and expected salary for the post you are applying for, a recent photograph, copy of work records and copy of academic certificates and transcripts to: email@example.com
- Or collecting an application form/or contact us for further details at the Human Resources Department, Prudential Life Assurance (Lao) Company Limited, Unit A, 6th Floor, Vientiane Plaza Hotel Office, Sailom Rd., Hatsady Neua, Chanthabouly, Vientiane, Lao PD.; Tel: 021-211122 & 021-211141 . Website: www.prudential.la ; Facebook: Prudential Laos
Remark: All submitted documents will not be returned to applicants. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview