KfW is a Germany’s state owned bank and belongs to the leading and the most experienced promotional banks in the world. An integral part of our global engagement is development finance. As part of the EU grant-funded development programme “EU PARTNERSHIP FOR IMPROVED NUTRITION IN LAO PDR”, KfW provides funding for the project: “Scaling-up Nutrition and WASH-Infrastructure Programme (SUNWIP)”. KfW is currently looking for a suitable candidate to provide services as a National WASH Project Coordinator for the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
A) Project Coordination
- Support KfW in project monitoring, administration, management and implementation of the project
- Coordinate among and assist the implementing agency, local and international partners in resolving issues arising during project implementation
- Assist in defining terms of reference, selecting and supervising consultants, NGOs and external advisors
- Monitor and supervise the project implementation and related activities in close coordination with all stakeholders
- Facilitate the communication and coordination of the project with all stakeholders
- Collect, review and analyse project and sector related data, reports and documentation.
- Prepare and contribute to project reports, publications, presentations, websites and the like.
B) Representation and dialogue activities, public relations
- Represent KfW, participate in and (in selected cases) organize WASH-related project workshops, seminars and other events
- Liaise and coordinate with the government stakeholders
- Participate in and contribute to any WASH-related sector policy dialogue of the EU
- Guide and manage public relations activities of KfW related to the WASH-project
- Guide and support the marketing of the WASH project with regards to communication and visibility
- Be in charge for project-related bookkeeping, file documentation and information management
- Prepare logistics and content of EU/ KfW project monitoring missions, and accompany these, including translation if required
- University degree (equal to MA or higher), preferably in economics or social sciences;
- Working experience of at least 5 years in project management in international organisations (public or private sector or NGOs) in the fields of nutrition/ WASH;
- In-depth understanding of development issues in Lao PDR good knowledge and overview of government policies and strategies as well as government procedure, preferably in relation to nutrition and WASH policies;
- Good analytical and communication skills in Lao and English (spoken and written);
- Excellent computer literacy and familiarity with standard office software packages;
- Proven ability to analyse data and write reports in English;
- Ability and willingness to work independently but also integrated in a team
- Ability and willingness to frequently accompany missions
- Preferably the candidate has explicit knowledge and/or work experience with EU funded projects
Application Process: Interested candidates are invited to submit:
1. A cover letter stating a) what motivates them to apply for the position, b) why they think they are qualified to meet its requirements, and c) annual gross remuneration expectation.
2. A comprehensive curriculum vitae (maximum of 4 pages) including names and contacts of at least two professional English-speaking references from different institutions that are familiar with the candidate’s qualifications and work experience.
3. Copies of the original certificates and other relevant documents.
Both women and men are encouraged to apply. A detailed vacancy notice for the job can be received from EDC upon request. All application documents will be treated confidentially and will not be returned to the applicant.
Application can be submitted by e-mail to Ms. Thipphasone INTHACHACK Email: Thipphasone.firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 021 454 650-1 or by hardcopy to the EDC office.
Closing Date: 29th of December 2017