Plan International in Laos
Plan International is growing! We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated Lao National development professionals interested in long term careers with a major international children’s NGO.
Plan, one of the world’s largest children’s iNGOs, works with children and poor communities in 50 developing countries within 3 provinces - Bokeo, Oudomxay and Saravan, in basic education, early childhood development, health and nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene, and promotion of children’s rights. Plan has no religious or political aims or affiliations. Visit www.plan-international.org and/or https://www.facebook.com/planinlaos for more information.
Plan is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, members of ethnic groups and people with disabilities. Plan offers competitive salaries and long-term employment opportunities for all posts.
PU Finance and Admin Coordinator (base in Houixay, Bokeo Province)
Responsibilities will include
- To review all payments and other financial supports before sending to CO Finance Team
- Closely monitor all cash advances to be financed by Plan Laos to projects with PU Finance/Admin Coordinator and Field Finance Officer/Community Trainers
- To review all reconcile weekly and monthly cash and bank balance in the account and submits to Country Finance and Admin Manager for validation
- Set up monthly finance meeting to receive feedback and other comments from the district and PU levels and report to Country Finance and Admin Manager as necessary
- Play as the key person on coordination with internal and external audits as required
- To review all procurement documents that submit by PU Logistic Officer, Finance and Admin Coordinator Assistant and Field Finance Officer/Community Trainers and make sure that they are compliance with Plan finance procedure and manual
- To ensure that all fixed assets and inventories are registered and properly maintain at all levels
Skills, qualifications, experience
- Degree level education or equivalent demonstrated ability essential (strong preference for Business Administration or related discipline)
- Work experience in an NGO is an advantage
- Excellent computer skills (including Word and Excel) essential
- Excellent written and spoken English and Lao essential Good inter personal and communication skills essential
- Able to prioritise work effectively for execution with limited resources
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- Capability to communicate ideas and technical information to a non-technical audience
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS:
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 28th November 2017
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV, with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees including salary expectations for each position, to Plan International Laos, PO Box 6026, Vientiane, Lao PDR, or to PlanLaos.JobVacancies@plan-international.org,
Please state in cover letter how you learned about the job – through emails, 108 Jobs, INGO Directory, or friends.