Title: Medical Outreach Officer (MOO)
Location: Vientiane Capital with occasionally travel to Provinces
Deadline: 21 November 2017
PSI is a nonprofit organization based in Washington, D.C. that harnesses the vitality of the private sector to address the health problems of low-income and vulnerable populations in more than 60 developing countries. With programs in malaria, family planning or reproductive health, child survival and HIV, PSI promotes products, services and healthy behavior that enable low-income and vulnerable people to lead healthier lives.
Reporting to Medical Supervisor, Medical Outreach Officer (MOO) serves a coordinated, medical, technical, quality assurance and service delivery support role to ensure all public/private sites selected are adhered to minimum standards (medical and service delivery) are reached within the provision of health services through the health facilities selected as Medical Outreach Officer (MOO), s/he will have responsibility for coordinating and collaborating with relevant parties such as local government authorities, NGOs partners, Health educator for instance to conduct Supportive Supervision visit (SSV) and to provide Family Planning services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with relevant government departments and other partners such as provincial health department, MCH unit, provincial hospital, private clinics, Local NGOs for instance to implement the project activities;
- Build a good relationship with relevant local government authorities for smooth project implementation;
- Collect any relevant health data for project implementation from relevant government, private clinics and local NGOs partners;
- Coordinate with provinces to select the target to participate in the training and support them after the training;
- Coordinate with WHP coordinator to implement the activity as in work plan;
- Follow monthly report from WHP provincial coordinator/ private clinics then submit to MIS team;
- Do quarterly report with provinces to MOFA;
- Conduct Family planning supportive supervision visit (SSV) including organize SSV day to promote FP and service site at the health facilities selected as needed;
- Do monthly report after the activity to MIS;
- Conduct Provider Behavior Change Communication (PBCC) visits in assigned area to promote providers based on adoption stairway as planed;
- Following up IUD insertion at the service site and ensure consistent stock of products and consumables to service site networks (not stock out);
- Provide basic equipment to health facilities or service sites as planed;
- Assist in coordinating with service site to manage complication and Adverse Event (AE) when occurred and report AE cases to QA manager based on report system and following up Adverse Event case occurred as needed (follow as AE system last update);
- Assist in following up the payment related to AE cases to ensure in line with the agreement;
- Keep record & report the result of conducting all activity to supervisor every time;
- Follow up the service site record and report to ensure both quality and quantity to send out on time as agreed;
- Coordinate and collaborate with Health Educators team to mobilize clients to service site and assist in solving any issue on the technical health aspect;
- Coordinate and collaborate with Sale team in the assigned area to collect all relevant health data and help solving any related problems;
- Assist in providing reward to providers based on motivation scheme in assigned areas;
- Assist in checking all medical products when importing on behalf of Programs Department;
- Coordinate and collaborate with Research team or others to conduct any research related or M&E in assigned area as needed;
- Assist Training Coordinator to prepare, organize and facilitate the relevant training/workshop in assigned areas as required;
- Assist in developing all relevant curriculum, training materials and IEC materials such as Guidelines, Handbook, etc. as needed;
- Assist in making the list of necessary medical equipment and supplies for public sector;
- Assist in selecting the new EPSE province as needed;
- Attend the relevant training, meeting and workshop as needed;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications, experience, skills and knowledge
- Education: Bachelor degree in medical field or related field.
- Experience: 3 years working experience in medical or related field
- English Competency: Fair competency of English language is required
- Computer Skills: MS office; Words, Excels, PowerPoint, Outlook and or Access, internet web browsers and email
- Specific Knowledge: Must be able to grasp medical areas, products and services of interest to PSI/Laos
- Personal Attribute: Friendly, good organization and communication skills
- Knowledge: Medical Science, OBGY, FP, Human Behavior, Communication and Marketing, Sale, Health products; Management, Network, Private Sector
- Skills: Clinical skill such as IUD insertion, strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion and rapport-building skills.
Interested applicants should submit an application letter with expected salary, curriculum vitae, education certificates, work certificate, and copied ID card or family book to Mr. Oudalone Bouthalath, PSI/Laos Human Resource Coordinator before 21 November 2017 by email firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver a hard copy to PSI/Laos Office at Donkoi Village, Unit 16, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital. For more information please contact telephone number 85621-330429–32. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.