CARE is an international humanitarian organization fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
Project Assistant-Livelihood, (1 position, based in Dakcheung District, Sekong Province)
- The Project Assistant–Livelihood will assist the Project Officer-Livelihood in implementing the project activities, ensuring that technical standards provided by Project Officer-Livelihood and senior technical team are met;
- Responsible to provide data and input in a timely manner to the Senior Officer Livelihood or other senior staff and keep line manager regularly informed on activities, problems faced during the implementation and share accurate information and updates during weekly/monthly meeting and other relevant meetings;
- Involvement in carrying out monitoring field activities in village and reporting to crop officer and senior level staff;
- Assist the Livelihood officer in implement the project activities;
- Involvement in monitoring and timely reporting to the project manager.
- Minimum technical diploma and/or vocational training in Agronomy or other related fields and/or minimum 1 years relevant work experience in rural area, preferably with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO) and/or private company and/or community;
- Ability to speak ethnic language like Taleing, Trew is highly valued;
- Proven experience in the coffee plantation, coffee marketing or equivalent;
- Demonstrated experience in following standard policies, procedures and processes and ensure the implementation of basic standard transactions;
- Willingness to learn about CARE’s gender equality and women’s empowerment approaches;
- Proven ability to manage and acquit cash advances;
- Demonstrated characteristics in honesty, reliability, trustworthiness with the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Very good (intermediate) oral and written Lao and good oral ethnic speaking;
- Interested in learning and working in very remote area.
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and a letter of application that address the Qualifications and Experience required to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline: 17th November 2017
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. CARE is committed to protecting the rights of children. CARE reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child safe environment.
The detailed Job Description can be provided upon request. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. CVs and other documents submitted to CARE will not be returned.