CARE is an international humanitarian organization fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
CARE Laos is looking to recruit 5 qualified and motivated Lao nationals to fulfill the positions:
Position: Project Officer-Construction (1 position, based in Kaleum District, Sekong Province)
- Work with District Agriculture and Forestry Office to develop and implement construction and infrastructure project activities;
- Oversee construction works in the field, including monitoring of materials quality, concrete mix, and technical construction quality;
- Provide technical assistance to beneficiaries as required;
- Ensure quality technical inputs to the project which meet national and other specified standards;
- Overseeing selection and implementation of infrastructure related Cash for Work (CFW) activities;
- Assist and participate in village consultations with regard to survey, design and supervision of activities concerning infrastructure;
- Motivate communities to participate in the project activities;
- Provide trainings and lead construction works in the communities;
- Monitor and evaluate all construction activities, in order to ensure all activities are in line with the project log frame and work plan;
- Strengthen capacity of district counterparts as required;
- Coordinate with relevant government departments and technical staff;
- Report in a timely manner to the Project Manager (including monthly and field reports);
- Regularly report/discuss activities with Project manager and District Agriculture and Forestry Office to ensure that implementation and planning is in line with the proposal;
- Contribute to assessments and evaluations;
- Visit the sites and agree on regular schedule to provide technical and mentoring support on activity maintenance.
- Minimum technical diploma and/or vocational training in Architecture or other related field and/or minimum 2 years relevant work experience in rural area, preferably with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO) and/or private company and/or community language abilities;
- Proven experience in the project/field or equivalent;
- Experience in overseeing construction work in which villagers provide unskilled labour (Cash for Work experience is preferred);
- Demonstrate a commitment to the objectives and mission of CARE International in Lao PDR and have high integrity and ethical standards;
- Ability to speak and understand English is highly valued;
- Ability to speak ethnic language spoken in Kaleum and Dakcheung district is highly valued;
- A willingness to learn about CARE, gender equality and women’s empowerment approaches;
- Demonstrated characteristics in honesty, reliability, trustworthiness with the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Word and numeric skills.
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and a letter of application that address the Qualifications and Experience required to email@example.com before the deadline: 17th November 2017
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. CARE is committed to protecting the rights of children. CARE reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child safe environment.
The detailed Job Description can be provided upon request. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. CVs and other documents submitted to CARE will not be returned.