CARE is an international humanitarian organization fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
CARE Laos is looking to recruit 5 qualified and motivated Lao nationals to fulfill the positions:
Position: Project Manager for Empowered Women for an Equitable Coffee Value Chain Project, (1 position, based in Dakcheung District, Sekong Province)
- Work with the project team to support the development, planning and review of the project activity plan;
- Lead the project team in the project implementation ensuring that the team carries out their duties in accordance with the project log frame, work plan and agreed methodology;
- Work closely with the Value Chain Coordinator and other senior staff to provide technical inputs for activity design, implementation, and monitoring;
- Conduct and supervise project monitoring activities making sure that all project activities are successfully implemented in Kaleum and Dakcheung district;
- Prepare accurate monthly reports and draft the donor reports in a timely manner to Provincial Program Manager as well as provide oral and written reports on progress of the activities — if it is requested;
- Ensure that expenditures are in line with approved budgets and adherence with CARE and donor financial policy and procedures;
- Prepare costed work-plans (monthly/quarterly) and review monthly budget report;
- Prepare yearly procurement plans and review/update quarterly.
- Ensure that technical advices are provided to the field staff if needed (on nutrition training, crop and coffee plantation, coffee value chain, village saving and loan associations etc.);
- Ensure effective coordination with all CARE Program teams and between sub-office and Sekong Office and liaise with Admin, Finance, and Logistics staff for financial and procurement issues;
- Manage day-to-day activities with District Counterparts, especially with District Implementation and Monitoring Committee (DIMC) and any work related to government partners as well as to arrange regularly quarterly DIMC meetings.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in rural development management or equivalent and/ or 5 years relevant work experience, preferably in livelihood activities including with coffee value chain/ coffee marketing and skills transfer, capacity strengthening preferably for an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO);
- Proven understanding of political and cultural dynamic in the Laos context, especially understand the context of Ethnic community in rural area in Laos;
- Demonstrated understanding of gender equality and a commitment to CARE’s approach and values including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity;
- Proven understanding of working with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO) and willingness to learn about CARE’s, gender equality and women’s empowerment approaches
- Proven ability to manage a budget and/or cash; and understanding of procurement process;
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in Lao and intermediate in English;
- Fully conversant in Microsoft Office with knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and a letter of application that address the Qualifications and Experience required to email@example.com before the deadline: 17th November 2017
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. CARE is committed to protecting the rights of children. CARE reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child safe environment.
The detailed Job Description can be provided upon request. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. CVs and other documents submitted to CARE will not be returned.