Burapha Agroforestry Co., Ltd is a Swedish/Lao plantation and wood products manufacturing company, with its own sawmill, processing facilities and plantations. We are commissioning our state-of-the-art plywood mill and are looking for energetic hardworking people to join our team!
The Plywood Mill is seeking a focused, practical and dedicated Safety and Sustainability officer. This role with have two main focuses, the creation, implementation and support of all safety policies, procedures and training for plywood mill staff in Hin Heup. Along with compliance in sustainability practices in the plywood mill. Ensuring a proactive approach to environmental and social issues that may arise. By providing detailed reports and policies to support the evolving factory practices.
This role is for Lao Nationals only.
Safety and Sustainability Officer
Hiring Date: Immediate
Location: Plywood mill Factory, Hin Heup District, Vientiane Province (This role is site based and will require you to reside at site on a roster)
- Auditing production by reporting and addressing any unsafe behavior or breaks in regulations
- Assessing risk and possible safety hazards of all aspects of operations
- Creating analytical reports of safety data to be provided monthly to the Plywood Mill Manager
- Create detailed SOPs for the factory operations and liaise with key staff for expert input
- Promote safety within the factory by creating KPIs and training to support the learning process
- Incident investigations for any accidents or breach of safety protocols
- Continually improving all safety processes, policies and procedures to mitigate future risks to employees
- Champion a safe work environment by regular trainings and demonstrations
- Maintain safety registers for compliance
- Review current social and sustainability policies, whilst creating and implement any new policies identified as a need
- Identify and investigate violations of natural resources, waste management, recycling, or other environmental policies with relevant line leaders to ensure swift action and controls are put in place
- Provide weekly reports own any NCRs to Management with correction actions to the Plywood Mill Manager
- Regularly communication with plywood mill departments to ensure all NCR actions are addressed, corrected and reported on with the support of key staff
- Ensure all Lender environmental social and corporate indictors are met and reported on in a timely manner
- Create and implement reporting systems to allow the accessibility of information for other stakeholders and people in the business
- Create and implement sustainability programs which support the sustainability goals, however, ensure practicality of the program suits the day to day needs of the Plywood Mill
- Provide technical or administrative support for sustainability programs or issues to the key departments by creating strong working relationships
Qualifications / Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience as a OH&S officer and/or sustainability role
- Mining or heavy industry experience desirable
- OHS certs e.g. cpr and first aid, risk assessment courses etc
- Have good communication skills in both English and Lao
- Able to present health and safety topics in a clear and concise manner
- Complete risk assessments
- Previous auditing experience
- Proactive approach to situations
- Able to produce detailed reports and analysis
In return, we offer a competitive remuneration package, health insurance and a supportive and committed team environment. If you are looking for the next challenge in your career, then why not apply today!
Interested candidates should send CV, proof of qualifications and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Closing date the 3rd August 2021