POSITION TITLE: Local Intern for administration (unpaid position / daily stipend will be provided)
DURATION: 4 May – 29 October 2021 (6 months)
PROGRAM: USAID Laos Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) Project
LOCATION: Vientiane, Laos
REPORTS TO: Administration and Finance Unit
POSITION SUMMARY: USAID Lao Count Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) Project aims at reducing the vulnerability to human trafficking among targeted populations by supporting vocational training and employment opportunities of targeted vulnerable populations. The intern will support the Administration and Finance Unit in fulfilling administrative and clerical tasks. The intern will assist with financial, administrative, and programmatic support as needed for the Project.
- Assist in filling project financial, procurement, and operations documents as directed by the Finance and Administration Manager
- Assist in updating and organizing current program records and documentation into an efficient and accessible system
- Support office administration by making photocopies and scanning documents on request
- Support office reception by operating the front desk and answering calls as needed
- Assist in follow up communications with Government of Laos on project activities with oversight from the program team
- Assist in preparation of project’s meetings and event coordination of trainings and workshops by following-up on confirmation of participants and preparing event documents and materials
- Support procurement tasks by soliciting quotations and coordinating the procurement process as directed by the Finance and Administration Manager
- Translate correspondence and other materials from Lao to English and English to Lao
- Perform other duties and tasks as request of the project.
- The intern may be requested to accompany a field trip (costs to be covered by the project)
- University student or recent graduate in international development, political science, governance, social science development, business administration and other relevant fields.
- Fluency in Lao required
- Good command of English in writing and speaking is an advantage.
- Good command of basic computer skills (Internet, Microsoft Office)
- Willing to support project requests and open to learning
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should apply via e-mail to LaosCTIPJobs@winrock.org – indicating only “Local Intern for Admin” in the subject line, by April 20, 2021. The e-mail should contain your CV, cover letter, and copy of highest certificate or degree. Winrock will only contact candidates qualified for the position.