We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated development professionals interested in long term careers with a major international children’s NGO.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. Plan, one of the world’s largest children’s INGOs, works with children and poor communities in 50 countries.
Currently we work in Bokeo, Oudomxay and Saravan Provinces, in basic education, early childhood development, health and nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene, and adolescence. Plan has no religious or political aims or affiliations. Visit www.plan-international.org for more information.
Plan is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, members of ethnic groups and people with disabilities. Plan offers competitive salaries and long-term employment opportunities for all posts.
Plan Laos is looking for position:
Provincial Technical Coordinator – Public Health (base in Saravan District, Saravan Province)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support National Technical Specialist and Provincial Public Health Manager to implement Public Health program in line with the program strategy, quality standards and the government policies and strategies on WASH, health & nutrition.
- Implement capacity assessments and capacity building processes with staff and/or provincial government counterparts and NPA partners.
- Facilitate ongoing reflection and learning for staff and partners on program quality.
- Identify support needs and provide tailored support and guidance for staff and partners in Saravan.
- Identify and document good practices and case studies for shared learning and scale up.
- Assist in updating the technical design, guidelines and approaches to reflect the experiences and lessons from the field.
- Together with National Technical Specialist deliver training on BCC to Provincial, District and Health Centre staff to improve their capacity to maximize integrated WASH and Nutrition impact on the first 1000 days of life, based on Plan training materials
- Monitor capacity building and behaviour change strategies and activities tailored to various actors at the provincial, district, facility and village levels.
- Build capacity of Provincial Health Department and District Health Offices in improving data collection, analysis and data use in planning and management of health service delivery
- Support Provincial Managers and NPA partners to adapt M&E framework to suit the context, and implement appropriate monitoring system and tools to monitor areas of change, intended or unintended.
- Medical doctor or Midwife with 3 years training or Degree in Public Health and relevant post graduate qualification (MPH etc.)
- knowledge of MoH health management system at provincial, district and community level
- Demonstrated ability to coach, train and mentor staff and government partners with report writing skill an advantage
- Skills conducting training need assessments, training module development and implementation, and session facilitation;
- Willing to work as a team and travel to remote provinces with frequent travel to remote and isolated districts and villages
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS:
- We strongly encourage equally qualified female candidates to apply
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 23rd April 2021
TO APPLY FOR THIS POST:
Send your resume/CV, and cover letter. In the cover letter please state on a separate page your preferred start date, names and contact details of three referees and your salary expectations for each position, to Plan International Laos, PO Box 6026, Vientiane, Lao PDR, or to PlanLaos.JobVacancies@plan-international.org
Please state in cover letter how you learned about the job – through emails, INGO Directory, 108 Jobs, or friends.