We are currently looking for Project Manager based in Luangphabang Province
The Project Manager is responsible for the planning and implementation of all project activities in target province based in order to ensure that the project meets its goal, purpose, objectives, outputs and associated indicators within a given timeframe.
The post holder will ensure project work plan and executed with quality on budget in timely manner.
S/he accountable for the timeliness and quality of project delivery, ensure overall compliance with internal and external requirements and supervise a small team of project officers. The Project Manager will be supporting the Head of sector/Program Manager in the planning, reporting writing and monitoring and evaluation.
The post holder will lead in emergency need assessment, coordinate with partner for information collection and response when organization decided to go for response in emergency situation in the province this position based.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREA OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Ensure they and their team fully understand the provisions of the Child Safeguarding Policy, the Code of Conduct and Local/Country Procedures.
Conduct themselves and ensure their team conduct themselves in accordance with the rules of the Child Safeguarding Policy, in their personal and professional lives – which includes reporting suspicions of child abuse.
That child safeguarding is integrated and given a “voice” in all management processes including recruitment, induction, performance management, team meetings, annual planning processes, field level monitoring, etc.
1. Project operational planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting:
- Coordinates closely with the Head of sector / Programme Manager, DRR Specialist and Head of Program North LPB on the program work plan and technical support requirements;
- Ensure all Lao Safe School Project activities are completed within time, on budget and achieve their objectives;
- Supports the Head of Program North LPB in any Disaster Risk Reduction activities; actively taking part in preparation meetings, regularly informing the Head of Program North LPB, DRR Specialist and Head of sector of project progress
- Responsible for timely Planning, quality implementing, monitoring and evaluation and report of all project activities to ensure timely achievement of deliverables (in accordance with the program M&E framework)
- Develops project documents (including project operational plan, progress reports and project plans etc.)
- Ensures the appropriate application of child rights programming principles into the implementation of activities
- Be pro-active in SCI program development and design and actively contributes to new concepts papers and project designs
- Ensure effective implementation and compliance to all SCI policies and guidelines
2. Emergency Response
- Readiness to respond to emergencies at any given time and place if needed
- Contributes organizing and management skills for disaster needs assessment and disaster response; i.e. immediate relief, rehabilitation and early recovery
- Assists the responsible body (PDMC, DDMC, VDMC) in the prioritization of tasks in Disaster Response and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Assists in fund mobilization
- Assists in monitoring and evaluation of Disaster Response and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Assists in capacity building
- Continuously seek personal development on Disaster Response and Disaster Risk Reduction
3. Budget Planning, expenditure monitoring and financial reporting:
- Prepare annual budget in collaboration with DRR Head of sector / Program Manager according to the budget template
- Monitors expenditure on a monthly basis at the provincial and district levels against approved project budgets
- Ensure the validity of all documents sent by partners (both narrative and financial documents)
- Understand and strictly follow the financial procedure, policy and guidelines.
- Engage in a constructive dialogue with partners on best utilization of funds (best value for money) and ensure partners are adhering effectively to SCI financial policies and guidelines as communicated to partners
- Take responsibility for the approval of the overall project expenditure in close collaboration with partners
- Check and monitor the monthly expenditure, ensure the accuracy of the expenditure.
- Make suggestion and approve any expenditure that needs to be corrected.
- Monitor and follow up the unsettled balances from partners. Make any recommendation for the significant remaining balances to the line-manager
- Prepares and presents budget reviews to DRR Head of Sector / Programme Manager, Head of Program North LPB.
- Initiate and recommend new activities to DRR Head of Sector / Programme Manager, Head of Program North LPB for approval
4. Program development:
- Be familiar with government and donor policy that link to SCI policy and strategy and ensure partner support, ownership and commitment to planned results through development of related new project agreements, annual plans and activities.
- Ensure good communications and dialogue to promote SCI strategy objectives, principles/policies, with government partners and donors
- Be familiar with and understand SCI's goals and objectives worldwide as well as the SCI overall policy guidelines and Common Ground.
- Be well informed on issues related to children and development, and specifically on issues related to SCI global objectives and the partner's activities.
- Liaisons with donor on some issues and provide information required by donor related to responsible projects in the province if requested.
5. Staff and Performance Management
- Develop and update Job descriptions which clearly define the roles and responsibilities of the staff under his/her position;
- Manage project officer, define expectations, provide leadership and technical support;
- Conducts twice yearly participatory appraisals to assess performance and development of staffs under his/her supervision;
- Incorporates staff development strategies and Performance Management Systems into team building process.
- Establishes measurable objectives, on-point feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations; Coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities; Recognition and rewards for outstanding performance; Documentation of Performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvement/ work plans.
- Encourages a culture of learning, creativity, innovation, and responsibility that achieves results and meets the needs of the beneficiary communities.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferable development works.
- Lao national with fluency in English and Lao, both verbal and written.
- Computer and software applications literate.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and hard to reach areas.
- Previous experience in Emergency response or DRR would be an advantage;
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of three year-experience in disaster risk reduction program management or work in related field.
- experience in humanitarian preparedness and response;
- Experiences in staff management;
- Experience in an INGO, UN or relevant development business is an advantage, strong preference for prior Save the Children experience;
- Experience in logistics and budget management;
- Good working relationship to Government Counterparts;
- Team player with capacity to coordinate multiple stakeholders, work under pressure and tight deadlines and manage multiple and competing priorities.
Contract length: fixed term
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Interested candidates please submit a full application using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document including contact details of three professional referees (current and last line managers and HR department). Please also include details of your salary expectations and a copy of your ID card. Please note that we will require a copy of your Criminal Records (ໃບ້ແຈ້ງໂທດ) later.
Closing date for applications is: 13 April, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply via link provided below only: https://bit.ly/3cE7oxM
How to submit your application?
- Follow the link above
- Click on Apply Online
- If you have not registered with SCI’s online application system before (stcuk.taleo.net), please click on New User to create an account first
- Set your new User Name (no space), Password (ensure it meets required criteria) and Email Address. Please ensure you do not forget this information, as you will need to use them when progressing to next stage
- If you have applied and registered with SCI’s online application system before (stcuk.taleo.net), please input your User Name and Password to log in as Returning User.
- Once registered/logged in, you are now ready to apply to any job on SCI’s online application system (stcuk.taleo.net). Good luck!
Frequently asked questions:
- How do I fill in the ‘Title’ field? - Please click on clickable ‘search’ button right next to the field, to select the option provided (Mr, Ms, Mrs)
- What do I put in ‘Secondary nationality’ field, if I only have one nationality? - Secondary nationality is not a mandatory field, leave it blank if it does not apply to you
- Do I need to fill all fields? - Where applicable fill in all fields. But if not applicable, only fill in the mandate fields (fields with red * mark)
Save the Children International is a child-rights based organization. Safe recruitment is central to the safeguarding of children and young people that we come into contact with, and support through our programmes.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the children is an equal opportunities employer, qualified females, persons with disability and candidates from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.