POSITION TITLE: Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Senior Consultant
LOCATION: Vientiane, Lao PDR
UNIT: Agriculture & Volunteer Programs
REPORTS TO: Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Director
CONTRACT PERIOD: 6 Months
Winrock International works to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunities, and sustain natural resources and protect the environment USDA-funded project Creating Linkages for Expanded Agricultural Networks (CLEAN) based in Vientiane, Laos will increase productivity and expand trade in the agriculture sector to benefit small holder farmers and enterprises in various value chains to be more competitive, to have access to improve technology and farm management training on good agriculture practices (GAP, OA, IPM).
Winrock International “CLEAN” project is seeking for Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Senior Consultant to support the process of scaling M&E System and data collection from its field operations in the Central (Vientiane Plain) and Southern of Laos (Bolaven Plateau). The position will be based in CLEAN’s Vientiane office.
- Support MEL Director and CLEAN project to implement MEL plan;
- Support and manage CLEAN survey including survey tool development, data collection, data processing, analysis, and report preparation;
- Conduct monitoring trip to program beneficiaries and other stakeholders; prepare trip report with lessons learned and recommendations;
- Mentor program staff in the implementation of their monitoring responsibilities to ensure correct and timely collection of monitoring data;
- Perform data entry and validation of project beneficiary’s database;
- Support and coordinate application of monitoring tools to track CLEAN program performance in line with the Theory of Change and the MEL Plan;
- Support reviewing existing evaluation approach with MEL Director to promote more rigorous and impact orientated evaluation design including providing performance data for monthly, quarterly, and annual reports;
- Contribute to the design and implementation of all project learning activities working with the technical staff to adapt project interventions based on the information captured through MEL activities
- Support data quality analysis (including field visits, spot checks to assess data accuracy and backup documentation) and data management to promote evidence-based programming;
- Ensure that all data submitted to MEL Director meets donor requirements and includes a narrative that documents data sources, assumptions, deviations from prior reports, and other potential data issues;
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Master or Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline (preferably in social science, economics or statistics) agriculture sector a plus.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the field of Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning for international development projects, preferably with USDA or USAID.
- Excellent data analysis and data management skills.
- Excellent communication, and organization skills are required.
- Excellent computer skills (word-processing, spreadsheets, and databases) are required.
- Fluency in English and Lao required
- Ability to write clearly, accurately and concisely in both English and Lao.
- Readiness to travel frequently to fields.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified national candidates should apply via e-mail to CLEANJobs@winrock.org - indicating only “MEL Senior Consultant” in the subject line, by January 20,2021. The e-mail should contain your CV, cover letter and three (3) professional references. Winrock will only contact candidates considered for the position.