Head of Finance and Admin, WWF-Laos
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one share home, the Earth? Working at WWF-Laos could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And the nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF-Laos, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from people & culture, finance & admin and procurement to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applicants from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
WWF-Laos is part of the WWF Greater Mekong and Asia Pacific, which works on environmental issues across Cambodia, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam. WWF-Laos established its presence in Laos starting in 2001 and in partnership with the government. Since then, our team has grown to over 50 Lao, international and volunteer staff working several projects in the areas of conservation of wildlife and natural resources; improvement of livelihoods/income generation and other relevant activities contributing to sustainable management of natural resources. Our offices are in Vientiane, Champassak, Salavan, Savannakhet and Sekong provinces.
What does the Head of Finance and Admin do?
The Head of Finance and Admin HFA
Head of Finance and Admin (HFA) position is base in Vientiane Capital. The position category is local recruitment employee. HFA ensures the implementation of finance, the accounting systems, policies, and procedures for WWF-Laos which are aligned to WWF International Field Operations Manual and compliance with all local laws and other statutory requirements related to finance matter in Laos. HFA ensures all aspects of administration and procurement are adhered to good practices and to WWF International policies. As a member of the Country Management Team, HFA shares responsibility for the overall performance of the Country Programme.
- Staff Management: Supervise and manage performance, training, coaching, mentoring and development for the staff in Finance and Admin Unit in line with PDJ and organization goals;
- Policy Implementation: Ensures country operation acts in accordance to WWF International Field Operations Manual, Compliance policies, Fraud and Corruption policies and full implementation of Swiss GAAP.
- Financial Plan: Lead the development, implementation, review and update the finance action plan for the country program in coordination with the Country Director and key staff to ensure the alignment to the Country Strategy and attainment and delivery of plans and objectives. Lead and complete quarterly and fiscal year forecast in coordination with relevance units;
- Core and Programme Budget: Responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring and review of annual core budget, and project budgets to ensure donor requirements are met,
- Financial Analysis: Strictly monitor core operating expenditure to ensure financial sustainability for WWF-Laos. Cost recovery is sufficiently budgeted and a strong financial position for the country. Identify and highlight changes to secured funding scenario;
- Financial Controls: Set up financial internal controls including field offices and conduct periodical system review to ensure sound financial operation and management;
- Audit Plan: Direct the preparation for all audit schedules including WWF's year end external audit, individual project and provide support during the audits. Leading on finance team to ensure that following pending audit comments are completed with given timeframe;
- Financial Reports: Produce accurate and timely financial information about the organization’s financial status and performance to enable decisions to be taken relating to the organization’s financial strength and security. Ensure monthly reports are submitted to WWFI -HQ and quarterly reports are provided to donors and project managers are submitted in a timely manner.
- Administration and Procurement: HFA ensures the implementation of administrative and procurement systems that are aligned to WWF policies. S/he ensures the adherence to good practices of WWF Network Standards. Provide overall supervision for the monitoring of the office equipment, assets, vehicle documents. The inventory list is kept up to date. Implement the procurement and admin activity plan to ensure the attainment and delivery of plans and objectives;
- Financial Risk Management: HFA ensures an effective and efficient finance system, based on clear standards and procedures, strong compliance towards effective support conservation strategy. Capacity building staff under supervision, project managers and budget holders on financial management.
Desired profile of applicants:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting, Business Management, Business Administration, or in relevant fields.
- 7 years of practical experience in finance and accounting management, preferably in NGO sector, 3 years of which should be in Lao PDR;
- Proficiency in accounting software (Oracle is preferred).
- Advance or excellent proficiency in excel functions.
- Proficient in the English language both reading, listening and oral and written communication, however..
- Experience in implementing and monitoring the compliance of Finance System, policies and procedures, preferably the context of an international organization;
- Experience of working in multi-cultural environment
- Experience in people management, managing staff and team.
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviours in way of working: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, and Innovate Fearlessly.
For more information about WWF-Laos you can find out at http://www.wwf.org.la/.
The detailed job description is posted at Head of Finance and Admin, WWF-Laos and available upon request. Interested candidates should apply by sending a cover letter and CV, in English language, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are requested to mention the name of the position applied for in the email subject. Closing date: 30th November 2020 (due to the urgent nature of the position we will review the applications on a regular basis, and may appoint before the closing date)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WWF does not charge or accept a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.
Read more click