Comité de Coopération avec le Laos (CCL)
is a non-governmental organisation working in Lao PDR
for 39 years in the following key development sectors: health, rural development, nutrition and education.
CCL is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Lao national for the position of
Project coordinator (based in Boun Neua)
for the Partnership for Improved Nutrition-SCALING Project in Phongsaly Province
CONTEXT OF THE POSITION
The EU-funded SCALING project aims at improving the nutritional status of adolescent girls, pregnant and lactating women and children < 5 years in 14 districts in four Northern provinces.
The project’s three main objectives are: improving nutrition and hygiene-related behaviours as well as access to quality nutrition and Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RNMCH) services; targeting the local environment to mitigate the adverse underlying causes of malnutrition; and ensuring that local experience and context inform national policy, and strengthen local implementation of national policies, plans and strategies.
The project will be implemented through a consortium with Save the Children as the lead in partnership with CCL, CARE and ChildFund.
CCL is responsible to implement the project in Phongsaly, Boun Neua and Nyot Ou Districts, Phongsaly province.
The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate all SCALING project activities in Boun Neua, Phongsaly and Nyot Ou districts, jointly implemented with local communities and the government of Lao PDR (PoH and District Offices).
This includes the development and implementation of plans and activities, coordinating and providing technical inputs, managing budgets and administrative tasks and personnel, assisting with policy development, conducting monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Overall management of all SCALING program activities implemented in collaboration with Government agencies in Phongsaly province,
- Overall management, mentoring and supervision of all CCL personnel involved in the project,
- Co-responsibility with the CCL Project advisor for overall budget management according to work plans and donor funding, Develop and approve monthly activity/budget plans,
- Build relationship; ensure effective communication and coordination between CCL, GoL Agencies, the consortium partners and any other partners in relation to the implementation of activities,
- Supervise the planning of monthly, quarterly and annual work plans of the project to ensure they are within the scope of donor requirements, agreed work plans, and MOU’s,
- Coordinate and support the organization of the consortium technical experts ‘s missions and donors’ visits in Phongsaly,
- Ensure collection, management and analysis of all data associated with project activities is conducted and is included in detailed reports in coordination with CCL technical staff, Oversight of CCL physical resources and equipment assigned to the project,
- Attend all program related meetings as necessary and requested, including the consortium steering committees.
- University degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant discipline (Social Development, nutrition or any other related field), postgraduation is an advantage,
- Experience in project management with INGO’s to coordinate and implement program activities in collaboration with government, including managing HR, budgets and expenditure,
- Relevant Experience in Projects related to Nutrition/health/education in Northern Laos,
- Experience in building partnerships with government agencies, civil society, international partners and ethnic minorities,
- Ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members,
- Ability to take initiatives, decisions and work in autonomy is essential,
- Excellent Lao language skills both written and verbal,
- Fluency in English is required,
- Good interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills,
- Strong personal ethics,
- Computer literacy, particularly proficiency using Microsoft Office products,
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- The position is based in Boun Neua, Phongsaly Province.
- Full-time position, Lao citizen only- Women and candidates from ethnic minorities are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Duration: the project will run until Dec 2021.
- Anticipated start date: Immediately.
Applicants are requested to submit their proposals by September 29, 2020 to: