Job description for the position of
Administration and Finance Manager
Based in Vientiane
Agronomes et Vétérinaires sans Frontières (AVSF / www.avsf.org) is an international NGO based in France, working on rural development and supporting small-scale farmers and animal keepers in developing countries while advocating on their behalf.
AVSF Laos is recruiting an Administration and Finance Manager in Vientiane.
Job description summary
The Administration and Finance Manager is the Head of the Administration and Finance Department and works under the hierarchical responsibility of the Country Representative (Line Manager), in close relationship with the Financial Desk Officer based in France.
The role of the Administration and Finance Manager is the following:
I – ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE OF AVSF IN LAO PDR (50% assignment)
A – FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
In collaboration with the Financial Desk Officer in charge of Laos and under the supervision of the Country Representative:
- Budget management
- Elaboration of financial reports to donors
- Cash flow management of AVSF in Laos and fund requests to HQ
- Checking of the AVSF accountancy in Laos
- Follow-up of the compliance with Laos law regarding tax system and accountancy
- Follow-up of audits
- Follow-up of partnerships
- Ensure compliance with donors and AVSF rules
B - ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Under the supervision of the Country Representative:
- Follow-up and update of the HR policy
- Contribution to recruitment by supporting the recruitment process
- Administrative management of the staff
- Training management
C - ADMINISTRATIVE ORGANIZATION OPERATING FRAMEWORK
- Supervision of administrative management
- Supervision of contractual management of venues
- Supervision of assets inventory
D – TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Management of the financial and administrative team members
- Supporting the financial and administrative team in its continuous improvement
E – LEGAL COMPLIANCE MONITORING
- Ensure that AVSF works in compliance with the Lao PDR laws in relevant areas (financial and administrative tasks)
F – REPRESENTATION
- Ensure the representation of AVSF in the administrative and financial area and in front of the financial counterparts of donor organizations
- Work in close relationship with relevant stakeholders
G – TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO PARTNERS
- Support and training to Partner organizations in understanding and effectively applying donors and AVSF’s rules.
II – AS Part of the AVSF-GRET-LCG Technical Assistance team to the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry for the implementation of the “Tea value chain project” (50% assignment)
A – FINANCE
- Ensure good overall functioning and smooth financial operation of the project;
- Establish a robust project accounting system, including reporting and filling systems, in accordance with the project document;
- Ensure that all financial information is processed according to MAF regulations and AFD procedures;
- Manage cash box expenses and income of the project;
- Prepare and verify the monthly accounts of the project expenses;
- Manage banking transactions related to the project, including preparing bank transfer requests, submitting them to the bank, monitoring transfers and preparing monthly bank reconciliation statements and reporting;
- Prepare project financial reports for agreement by the National Project Director, and clearance by AFD if required.
B – ADMINISTRATION
- Provide necessary support to the Project staff with complete administrative services;
- Assist in preparation of agendas, minutes of meetings and make arrangements for different program related meetings;
- Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings/conferences and other related issues;
- Prepare reports, memos, letters, presentation and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, MS project, MS power point, database, etc.;
- Keep administrative files on all staff updated (contracts, insurance, holiday records);
Any other duty assigned by the National Project Director and Team Leader such as translation of documents.
||Minimum Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accountancy or Financial Management.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an administrative and finance manager within an international NGO or international organization.
- Proven experience in working with international donors’ financial and procurement rules and guidelines.
- Demonstrated abilities in terms of autonomy, self-organization, leadership and management skills.
- Proven experience in supporting field staff and partners in terms of accounting, financial planning and reporting.
- Detail oriented, strong personal ethics and exemplarity.
- Fluency in English, especially financial English is essential. Knowledge of French would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Pack, and proficiency in using accountancy software.
- A strong ability to carry out cross-cutting and varied tasks would be a significant asset.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be constructed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
AVSF is looking for a skilled Lao professional for a full-time position starting as soon as possible, and on September 14th at the latest.
Working conditions and salary to be discussed according to the experience and competencies of the candidate.
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to send their application (Cover Letter + Resume) by email with reference “Recruitment Administrative Finance Manager Laos” (please copy-paste as Email subject) at firstname.lastname@example.org before August 22nd, 2020. Recruitment tests and interviews will be held in Vientiane from August 24th to the 28th.