Allianz General Lao (AGL), the leading insurance company in Laos, was established in 1990. AGL is a joint venture between the Ministry of Finance of Lao PDR (MoF) and Allianz SE, the world leading insurance and financial services provider. With over 30 year experiences in Laos, the AGL enjoys a very good reputation among local and international customers. We provide friendly working environment, mixture of different culture and competitive salary. Now, we are looking for dynamic employees to join with us in Headquarter office in Vientiane as below positions:
Legal Manager (1 position)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining claims statistic & sort out the claims problems; analyze and synthesize action plans to improve the legal and adjuster quality and the working system as a whole;
- Distribute claims relating to legal issues to legal officers continuing on police office, tribunal, court, etc; and follow-up all cases assigned to be effectively managed.
- Provide timely, quality, effective management and leadership to claims employees by ensuring that every staff has clear vision/direction and appropriate resource supporting their roles and responsibilities.
- Prepare legal contracts, letters of agreement, and other legal documents related to a variety of commercial, trade, operational matters to protect the organization’s legal and business interest including analyzing and interpreting case law, court reports.
- In charge of the negotiation between the insured and the third party in case of no agreement made at accident site and pursuing the case on the police office, tribunal, court, etc. Coordinate with the Traffic police acquiring the information about the accident: investigation report, sketch, testimony, and summary report in order to pursue the negotiation
- Follow the established procedures and assist in a variety of assigned legal projects. Provide legal advice and counsel within area of expertise to functional or operational areas managers to ensure that their current or proposed activities, policies, business practices, and transactions comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Coordinate with the Traffic police acquiring the information about the accident: investigation report, sketch, testimony, and summary report
- Prepare legal official letters and other legal documents to facilitate the case. Prepare official report to the insured periodically in case of the case moving through long juridical system;
- Intervene and assist the insured to negotiate and mitigate the dispute may have with adversary aiming to deliver an agreement as well as providing appropriate technical advices to the insured where necessary (e.g. legal issues, traffic rule issues, etc);
- Assist HoD to manage daily work in the department & approve technical claim matters relating to Legal works;
- Assist or to be member of Anti-Fraud Committee as representative of Claims Dept.
- Perform other tasks as advised by Supervisor and HoD.
Qualifications & Skills requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Law;
- At least 3 years experiences in legal or similar nature of work;
- Strong knowledge on litigation proceeding, traffic road law, and relevant expertise
- Experience in the field of traffic safety or similar responsibilities will be considered as a plus;
- Male between 25-35 years old with good health
- Good command of written and spoken English;
- Minimum basic computer skills e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook (Email), etc;
- Negotiation and communication skills
- Good personality, willing to learn and be able to work in team;
- Be able to work in a dynamic & under pressure environment;
- Good presentation, Polite & Friendly as to work with multicultural clients and colleagues.
- Competitive salary
- Great career progress opportunities
- Comprehensive on job training
- A friendly and supportive work environment
Interested applicants meeting the above requirements should submit their resume including a recent photo in passport size with cover letter describing your suitability for the role, career aspiration and salary expectation, and copied certificates to AGL Human Resources Department.
Address: 33 Lane Xang Avenue, ANZ Bank, Vientiane Commercial Building, 2F P.O. Box 4223 Vientiane, Lao PDR,
Tel: (21) 215903, Ext: 218, Fax : (21) 215904