THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE TO LAO NATIONALS ONLY.
PanAust Limited is an Australian-headquartered copper and gold producer in Laos, with pre-development and exploration assets in Laos, Myanmar and Papua New Guinea (PNG). The Company is focused on a sustainable business model associated with the production and sale of copper and gold, delivery of production goals and growth.
In Laos, PanAust owns a 90 per cent interest in the Lao-registered company, Phu Bia Mining. The Government of Laos owns the remaining 10 per cent. Phu Bia Mining owns and operates PanAust Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation and Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operation.
This is a unique time to join Phu Bia Mining. The Company’s Phu Kham Copper-Gold and Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operations are world-class in terms of safety, production and performance. The Company is committed to continuing to deliver outstanding operational results while developing a mine closure plan that will provide sustainable outcomes for the Government and people of Laos.
By joining the Phu Bia Mining team, you will have the opportunity to work in a multi-cultural environment, where you will be supported by experienced expatriates and Lao supervisors who will provide you with training and development and the opportunity to develop and improve your English language skills. You will be rewarded with a generous salary and benefits package, including family medical insurance and performance bonuses.
We offer many different career opportunities at our mine and exploration sites and in our Vientiane office; and as an employer who values diversity, we encourage women to apply for all available positions. Our modern mine camps provide great Lao, Asian and Western food, sport and recreational facilities and housekeeping services. Site-based employees work a roster of 20 days on, 8 days off or 14 days on, 7 days off for shift work, while Vientiane – based employees work 5 days per week with 2 days off.
Reporting to Senior Administration Officer and Mining Manager, you will responsible for providing day to day administrative support to the Loss Prevention Department. Manage other activities as requested from the senior Administration Officer.
Your responsibilities will include:
To be successful in this role, you will require:
If you are interested in applying for the position, we encourage you to apply online via our website at:
"Phu Bia Mining Limited (PBM) is a leading corporate presence in Laos and a major copper and gold producer in Southeast Asia. PBM’s producing assets are the Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation and the Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operation. With an active exploration program, the company has a portfolio of growth projects in Laos. The company is a strong contributor to the Lao economy, with total investments of over US$1.4 billion and over $500 million in payments made to the Government of Laos since the beginning of operations. PBM employs over 3,255 staff – 92 per cent of its total workforce are Lao nationals - many of whom come from communities in the vicinity of its operations. PBM’s community development programs have been recognised internationally and, more importantly, by the Government of Laos as making a strong contribution to rural socio-economic development.”