Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Southern Laos Food & Nutrition Security and Market Linkages Programme (FNML) –
Smallholder Adaptation to Climate Change Component (SACCC)
IFAD Grant No. G-I-DSF8117 LA
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (Lao National only)
Programme Assistant based at District Agriculture and Forestry Office – 5 positions based at Phouvong, Sanxay, Dakcheung, Ta’Oy and Samouay respectively.
Duration – 1 Year with possibility of extension
The Southern Laos Food and Nutrition Security and Market Linkages Programme (FNML) is executed by the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Government of Lao PDR, with funding from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the Government of Lao PDR. The programme became effective on 13 September 2013 and is scheduled to be completed in on 30 September 2019, the financial closing date of the project is 31 March 2020. Out of 18.86 Million USD IFAD grant is 9.72 million USD, IFAD-ASAP grant of 6.56 million USD and rest is being contributed by Lao government and private sector. FNML plans to target 12,000 households with a total of 70,500 beneficiaries who will be benefited by the programmes intervention in 3 targeted province of Attapeu, Salavanh and Sekong.
Terms of reference include but not limited to:
- Provide operational support and assistance to the programme in accordance with implementing the activities at district level, responsible for programme activities and all processes related to FNML programme and SACCC;
- Co-ordinate and follow up on administrative, financial and monitoring matters, and provide assistance as required;
- Liaise with the government and implementing agencies and other involved parties and agencies;
- Prepare and update all work plans related to programme activities at district level;
- Coordinate activities related to climate change and nutrition promotion;
- Designs and develop databases to support project activities and collect statistical information as required;
- Assist the DAFO to select suitably qualified persons from amongst the local community to work as kumban facilitators and provide training in programme’s implementation methodology and monitor the work of kumban facilitators with a view to strengthening the participatory approaches to VDP and targeting;
- Follow up with the implementing partners and government agencies for progress report, submission of reports and recent data on programme target villages and other information material;
- Draft and edit meeting minutes and reports;
- Manages the logistics of and coordinating content development for meetings, conferences, trainings, and other project-related activities;
- Coordinating TA and Training activities for DAFO, Kum ban, line agency and government staff in accordance with component policies and procedures;
- Contribute to the development of quarterly and annual progress, monitoring reports and AWPB;
- Assists in arranging program for in-coming and out-going official missions, make appointments with project stakeholders, including logistical arrangements and assistance;
- Supervise and verify the quality of programme related services delivered by field staff contracted by the PRCO;
- Perform any other task assigned by the Project Director/ PMA that would contribute to the realization of the programme objectives.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor in an area of community development, agriculture, food security, environment protection, watershed management etc.;
- Prior experience in international organizations or donor funded projects is preferred;
- Prior work experience in a similar position is preferred;
- Experience in programme administration and ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Experience of working in rural development specially with the farmers and district staff;
- Knowledge of participatory approaches for capacity building;
- Good computer literacy with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and/or Access and good communication and report writing skills;
- Ability to work in a challenging environment as well as a flexible and pro-active approach;
- Good judgment and strategic awareness to get the best use of resources and identify opportunities for improvement and provide solutions;
- Good social communication skills and experience of working effectively with local authorities and ethnic minorities;
- Fluency in English and knowledge of Southern Laos Ethnic languages would be an asset.
The FNML programme encourages women and people from ethnic group to apply for this position, these candidate will have a special consideration.
All interested candidates should submit their application consists of the letter of interest, newest updated CV and supporting documents consisting of certificate of the most recent employment, certificates of qualification/graduation, a list of at least three referees from most recent employer to FNML’s Director Mrs. Khamvay Nanthavong at email@example.com with CC to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com no later than 27th April 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
For any more details please visit our website at www.fnml.gov.la