World Vision Lao, a non-profit Christian Humanitarian Organization, committed to working with the poor and vulnerable.
OPEN TO LAO NATIONAL ONLY
WORK LOCATION- PAK OU DISTRICT, LUANG PRABANG PROVINCE
POSITION TITLE – PNS EDUCATION COORDINATOR
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To facilitate and maintain strong community relationships, participation and empowering processes as World Vision walks alongside children, families and communities in a journey of transformational development.
Major Responsibilities of Job:
A. Building relationships within communities
- Build close relationships and actively learn within partner communities and schools, through regular visits, joint activities, attending community and school events, etc.
- Build good relationships that communicate World Vision’s mission, values and identity to all appropriate stakeholders, including community groups, local authorities and other NGOs.
- Facilitate target schools, communities to participate in the planning, implementation and reflection on local level PNS - Education project activities.
- Actively network with other stakeholders, and facilitate the communities to network, for advocacy, resource mobilization and project implementation.
B. Building capacities
- Facilitate formation and ongoing capacity building of new and existing community organizations for holistic sustainable development, including partnership with World Vision for project implementation where appropriate.
- Promote communities, schools and VEDCs to share and learn from their own experiences as part of confidence and capacity building.
- Train partner community groups, schools on appropriate skills and self-assessment methods to build their capacity for management of local initiatives.
- Actively participate as an AP Team member in all areas, including feedback, reflection and learning.
C. Project Management
- Facilitate the planning, implementation and monitoring of PNS- Education project activities in target villages/schools in partnership with local communities, government.
- In collaboration with Education TP Coordinator, Education TP Manager/Zone Manager. Education Specialist, provide regularly tracked local level project outcome and output that feed into reporting requirements for PNS- Education project.
- PNS-Education Coordinator prepare and submit Monthly Management Reports (MMR), Quarterly Report, SAR, AR and Story on time as required based on Zone Manager and Support Office (SO).
- Monitor PNS-Education project activities and collect relevant identified data to measure project outcome and show impact of the activities in the communities and schools.
D. Provision of Technical Support for the PNS-Education project
- Conduct monitoring and support visits to PNS- Education target villages/schools and provide in the field technical consultation in partnership with local government counterparts, to ensure quality of activities implemented.
- Work closely with District and Provincial level education and other government counterparts to ensure education and other government counterparts to ensure PNS- Education project activities are implemented effectively and quality is maintained.
- 3. Ensure that joint, collaborative planning activities effectively engage with District and Provincial level education and other government counterparts to ensure full support and participation for the project by these groups.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree (Education, Development Studies or similar field)
- Technical training in education sector, with focus on primary education preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge on education, particularly as it relates to primary education
- Ability to undertake community level engagement activities, including planning and leading community level training and consultation.
- Good understand of Lao Government policies, laws and institutions and ability to work together with varios stakeholders.
- At least one year experience in working with the rural community
- Must understand and agree with WV’s vision, mission and Core Values
- Must be willing to work and stay overnight at the target village areas
- Must be willing to work within a team
- Must be willing to learn new things
- Must know how to drive and have a license to drive motorcycle
- Expected to travel 80% of the time in the target village areas
Interested candidates are invited to submit a COVER LETTER and CV to the address below. Please indicate the POSITION TITLE. Deadline for application is 22 January 2020, however applicants are encouraged to apply early as applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position will close early if a suitable candidate is found.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mail: People and Culture Department
P.O. Box 312 Vientiane 01005