World Vision Lao, a non-profit Christian Humanitarian Organization, committed to working with the poor and vulnerable.
OPEN TO LAO NATIONAL ONLY
WORK LOCATION- SAVANNAKHET PROVINCE
POSITION TITLE – FINANCE & ADMIN OFFICER (iREAD MOFA Japan)
WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
WV International Lao PDR has been awarded an education project (iREAD Project - Improving Reading, Environment and Advancement in school for children) grant from the MOFA Japan to implement in Lao People’s Democratic Republic (PDR). This project is planned to implement in Thapongthong District. The iRead project has the overall objective to enhance Learning Outcomes for children in primary schools with following outcomes:
Outcome 1. Strengthened teaching instructions in grades 1-3
Outcome 2. Increased support by communities and caregivers for children’s learning
Outcome 3. Improved school environments to promote health, safety, participation and learning
Outcome 4. Strengthened partnership with Lao government and enhanced monitoring mechanism to ensure the project effectiveness
This position is based in WVI-L Provincial Office in Savannakhet, with frequent travel to the field.
The Finance & Admin Officer will ensure smooth functioning of day to day finance & accounting operations of iRead project including Account Payable is done in compliance with WVI Partnership standard, Donor and Government statutory requirements. This position to ensure that the grants expenses are recorded and reported with accuracy and correctness, ensuring grant requirements and standards. This position will work with all stakeholders in the province to provide services in grant financial operation. This position will be responsible for annual, quarterly and monthly finance plans and reporting, ensuring correct expenditure coding and donor compliance across both grants. S/he will oversee program logistic and administration support, including procurement of project goods and services. S/he will work closely with the iRead project team and be responsible for leading the Finance/Admin team.
This position will directly report to iRead Project Manager with a matrix reporting to Grant Finance Coordinator in National Office. Following are the objective of the position:
- Ensure good financial services for grant project include all payments are made on time as per grant requirement and recorded in Sun6.
- Ensure all project’s expenses, including expenses of partners, are in compliance with World Vision’s policies and MOFA Japan grant guidelines
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to project site and discuss with iRead Project Manager on related financial issues.
- Review all project expenditure and ensure corrected coding for all project budget & expenditures in line with grant budget
- Review and ensure LDR & Block Party Screening (BPS) requirements are fulfilled and timely submitted.
- Review expenses and post in Sun system in consultation with National Office finance.
- Review all financial/grant reports, ensuring accuracy and correctness with timely reporting.
- Provide support to project team with activity reporting of financial transactions with financial analysis to support implementation of programs and assist in decision making.
- Review the Donor reports and submit periodically as per the requirement in close consultation with National Office Grant Finance Coordinator.
- Lead project external Audit requirement.
- Ensuring of day to day logistic & administrative support to the project. Ensure timely procurement of goods/services for all project related activities working with National Office Supply Chain team.
Major Responsibilities of Job:
1. Grant Finance Operations
- Establish a project financial system that will include the following processes, among others: fund requests, bank transfers, disbursements, record-keeping, reporting, and forecasting of financial needs
- Ensure that funds are utilized following the approved budget plan in compliance with World Vision policies, Donor & Lao Govt regulations
- Review & processes all financial transactions, record in Sun6 with accuracy and on time.
- Review financial transactions to ensure that these are valid and authentic, and that support documentations are adequate, complete and compliant with donor requirements
- Support & provide financial report analysis to Operations team lead & project team for any significant Underspending / over spending
- Ensure filing of vouchers and supporting documents of grant expenses to make them readily available for reference and audits
- Review cash request for project to ensure that project has sufficient fund to use within the month and meet target low of national finance department. Send the cash request to NO finance on time.
- Review the record of fixed and non-fixed assets for iRead Grant to ensure that all asset record into the consolidate asset list and work closely with Grant Finance Coordinator & NO Support Services Manager about asset control
- Ensure annual insurance for project assets done in coordination with NO team
- Review asset listing to ensure that all assets purchase are correctly registered with complete required information by Donor/WVI
- Review/process/accrue all staff related costs on a monthly basis and ensure all provisions are made every month from grant budget.
2. Grant compliance, Monitoring, Reporting
- Produce and review correctness of, monthly FFR in compliance with WVI’s and Donor Grant financial reporting standards and deadlines.
- Provide project management with monthly analyses of the financial situation of the Donor Grant.
- Work closely with Grant Finance Coordinator in National Office on grant compliance within project by reviewing project expenditures reports activity wise for each of the grant.
- Review all transactions are allowable as per the grants terms and conditions. Ensure no over spending or significant underspending on each activity line allowed. Discuss with Project Manager & Grant Finance Coordinator at National Office on any such matter.
- Assist Project Manager in monitoring operational budget such salary, benefit, travel and other office costs very well within the approval donor budget.
- Ensure Block Party Screening is done for 100% suppliers, contractors, consultants etc. before engaging them for project work.
- Ensure strict compliance with Government requirement, prepare MOU financial reporting of each provinces to the Government.
- Review all monthly Labor Distribution Report (LDR)/time sheet allocation and charges to grant projects and ensure it is correctly done based on the time allocated for each project staff.
3. Internal & External Audits
- Works with Project Manager and Grant Finance Coordinator in National Office in accomplishing all audit requirements
- Submits required financial documents and response to audit analytical review questions in good time
- Responds to auditor’s queries & issues during audit field work
- Works with Project Manager & Grant Finance Coordinator in monitoring the status of implementation of audit recommendations and submits updates to Finance & Support Services Director in National Office.
4. Staff support & Capacity Building
- Provide training to project staffs on donor requirement and ensure each staff understands well.
- Conduct Anti-corruption training of staffs periodically and demonstrate zero tolerance to any fraudulent behavior amount staffs/supplier/partners.
- Report to Finance & Support Services Director and Project Manager immediately.
- Ensure compliance to donor anti-fraud policy (if any) and provide training to staff on that.
- Support Project Manager and project team on the finance related documents and issues
5. Supply Chain & Administration
- Ensure Procurement & Distribution in iRead project, including preparing of project’s annual procurement plan and actual spending against procurement budget
- Ensure grants procurements are done in line with grant requirements. Assets are purchased adhering to the source & origin compliance as per the grant regulation.
- Ensure procurement saving reports submitted monthly to NO Supply Chain on time for all grant procurement. Review the accuracy of savings calculation and ensure effective Supply Chain Reporting & communication with National office Supply Chain and Administration team
- Manage and coordinate the Administrative/Logistic support ensuring project activities are carried out with ease and seamless continuality.
- Ensure all assets budgeted for grant are recorded properly, maintained and handed over as per the signed MOU with the Government.
- Ensure timely logistics support provided to project team.
- Keep constant communication with National Office Supply Chain & Administration to ensure proper coordination & adequate support provided to iRead project
- Carry out any additional responsibilities as assigned by Project Manager and/or NO Grant Finance/SCM team.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, business and administration
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years in demonstrated work experience in the area of finance and administration (Supply Chain) would be required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Lao
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to excellence
- Highly organized and efficient self-management skills
- Demonstrates customer services orientation to team, models servant leadership.
- Demonstrated competency with computer programs and has basic MIS.
- Demonstrated competency on supply chain and understanding procurement logistic process. Working experience on Supply Chain would be added advantage.
- Experience supporting development activities in NGO context
- Fluency in English & Lao for read, write & speak is required.
- Good understanding of Lao Government policies, laws, and institutions and ability to work together with various stakeholders
- Knowledge of development work in a grant project environment.
- Working experience on EU/DFAT/USAID/ MOFA Japan grants preferred.
Work Environment: Travel to project target areas in Thapongthong district, Provincial Office in Savannakhet and National Office in Vientiane
Interested candidates are invited to submit a COVER LETTER and CV to the address below. Please indicate the POSITION TITLE. Deadline for application is 22 January 2020 and the position will close early if a suitable candidate is found.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mail: People and Culture Department
P.O. Box 312 Vientiane 01005