World Vision Lao, a non-profit Christian Humanitarian Organization, committed to working with the poor and vulnerable.
OPEN TO LAO NATIONAL ONLY
WORK LOCATION- VIENTIANE CAPITAL
POSITION TITLE – ADMINISTRATION COORDINATOR
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide Efficient and effective administrative support to World Vision International Laos. Administrative functions include Office Management, Staff/Guest Logistics support & arrangement, Assets Management and Fleet management to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
This position will work with all stakeholders in National Office, Provinces, and AP Offices and to achieve WV Laos FY19-FY21 strategy. This position will report to Support Services Manager in National Office.
Major Responsibilities of Job:
1. Office management
- Coordinate and ensure all admin team are able to provide timely & adequate services to National Office staffs/guest/visitors etc.
- Ensure all office facilities are functioning well, including office premises (opening & closing of office every day), Office garden maintenance, training facilities, etc.
- Proactive survey the National Office building regularly and ensure proper maintenance of the office building and its facilities.
- Supervise and coach Administrative Assistants & Drivers on their day-to-day services.
- Supervise office security/guard and cleaning services
- Ensure proper maintenance of the office garden including watering to plants.
- Ensure arrangement of meeting venues, food, and local transportation for NO activity as requested.
- Manage and coordinate with Finance team for maintaining an efficient office occupancy and utilities spending.
- Conduct fire safety / first aid training for all staffs in National Office once in a year.
2. Logistics arrangement to staff/visitor
- Liaise with relevant Government ministries for work permit, Stay Permit, Multiple Business VISA or Single Business Entry VISA and other administrative requirement for International staff and visitors.
- Arrange logistics support for local/international visitors & guests that includes accommodation, transport, communication, equipment, facilities etc. for smooth functioning of day to day office operations and successful visits.
- Ensure proper security update is provided to visitors/guests working closely with Support Services Manager during their stay in Laos.
- Draft letters to various Government department in getting appropriate VISA for official visitors to WVI Laos.
- Ensure work/stay permit, Multiple Business VISA done/renewed on time of International staff.
- Arrange support to international staff in housing, school and other utilities services in WVI Laos.
- Keep track of utilities services of expats and make payment on time & Contract management for all offices lease and staff house (renewed on time).
- Supervise for a proper handling of logistics, postage and shipping for WVI Laos.
- Manage tracking of office utilities, telephone, and occupancy costs.
- Be responsible for collection of all invoices from suppliers (hotel, telephone, electricity, water, other utilities, car rental etc) on a regular basis and submit to finance for timely payment.
- Proactive carry out for any other logistics and admin work assigned by Support Services Manager or Finance & Support Services Director.
3. Assets/Inventory Management
- Ensure all WVIL assets are recorded & registered and a proper approval were obtained prior to any movement of transfer or disposal.
- Be custodian of Fixed Assets in WVI Laos.
- Manage and ensure that all assets are assigned numbers and annual assets verification is conducted accordingly.
- Respond to Global annual assets insurance/fleet/vehicle survey for NO locations and coordinate for AP/Project locations.
- Conduct physical assets verification twice in a year in national office and get it certified by Support Services Manager & Finance & Support Services Director
- Liaise with National Office IT team for IT Equipment and facilities & troubleshooting for smooth functioning
- Manage the inventory of stationery and office supplies, ensure the supplies are ordered on a timely basis and are available at all times. Maintain stationary stock records.
- Report immediately for any loss/theft of office assets to Support Services Manager for further action.
4. Fleet Management
- Manage tracking report of vehicle usage and maintenance each official vehicle.
- Ensure, vehicle log book for all vehicles are submitted to Finance on a monthly basis for charging expenses.
- Ensure vehicle allocation to staff (as per approved plan) for their travel to provinces.
- Ensure availability of vehicle for National Office for staff visiting/attending meetings at Government ministries and INGOs.
- Ensure coverage/ renewal of all vehicle insurance on time. Process for any claim in case of any incident.
- Ensure regular maintenance of all official vehicles. Provide guidance/ training of fleet maintenance to staffs / drivers on a periodic basis.
- All vehicles are listed in assets register/register with clear description of part of any signed MOU or not. Ensure all assets part of MOU signed with Government are handed over at the end of the project period.
- Coordinate with Provincial team for vehicle fuel management. Fuel card systems needs to be monitored and invoice submitted to finance for timely payment.
Conduct refresher training for drivers on vehicle fleet management and safety
Carry out any additional responsibilities as assigned by Support Services Manager & Finance and Support Services Director
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree in Administration or Logistics or Supply Chain
- Minimum of 3 year work experiences in Administration and/or general support services field.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in procurement or purchasing.
- Excellent communication skills in English & Lao both written & verbal
- Strong administration skills, People management skills
- Must have a valid driving license and fleet driving skills for 2/4 wheelers.
- Proficiency with office technology and equipment, including fax machines, printers, copiers, scanners, and computers etc.
- Responsive, Flexibility and adaptability. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to World Vision ministry
- Relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- An attitude of cooperation and understanding and proactive to respond to any situation that requires attention.
- Understand WV vision, mission and WV partnership operations with creative and innovative thinking
- Must have excellent English (writing & speaking) skills. This is key for this position as this requires engagement with Government offices and INGOs with both verbal & written.
- Must have sound knowledge on Lao language (written & speaking) to coordinate with local language speakers and requirement.
- This position requires visit to various related Government offices/Embassy/INGOs
- Occasionally travel to various provinces where World Vision has its work to provide administration support to the team (15 – 20% travel to provinces)
Interested candidates are invited to submit a COVER LETTER and CV to the address below. Please indicate the POSITION TITLE. Deadline for application is 22 January 2020 and the position will close early if a suitable candidate is found.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mail: People and Culture Department
P.O. Box 312 Vientiane 01005