We are currently looking for Driver based in Luangphabang
The purpose of the driver is to drive safely to their destination, responsible for inspecting vehicle prior to leaving the place, taking appropriate measures to secure and safeguard the vehicle until it is returned to the designated location and park as designated parking space or appropriate place when it out of service hours.
Works in three districts in Luang prabang province and can support team to travel between provinces where the action takes place.
Drivers must only transport the number of persons for which there are seatbelts in the vehicle, make certain that all persons in the vehicle wear their seatbelts, take appropriate precautions when driving conditions are hazardous. (This includes but is not limited to dust storms, fog, heavy rain, snow, or ice conditions). This includes allowing enough time for travel, responsible for complying with all rules and regulations associated with the local law and SCI driving guideline, drivers are also often expected to help with the loading and unloading goods, keep logs of their activities, support admin for general office requirement and make sure their vehicles are maintained and ready to be used at all time.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREA OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Ensure they fully understand the provisions of the Child Safeguarding Policy, the Code of Conduct and Local/Country Procedures.
Conduct themselves in accordance with the rules of the Child Safeguarding Policy, in their personal and professional lives – which includes reporting suspicions of child abuse.
- Take instructions from supervisor regarding each day’s deliveries or pick / drop services
- Check tires, engines and seatbelts according to SCI check list to ensure that they are in good working order
- ກວດກາກົງລໍ້, ເຄື່ອງຈັກແລະເຂັມຂັດນິລະໄພ ອີງຕາມລາຍການ SCI ເພື່ອໝັ້ນໃຈວ່າຢູ່ໃນສະພາບດີ
- Make-certain that the vehicle’s fluids are at optimal levels
- Clean car seats, rugs, dashboards and mats on a daily basis
- ອະນາໄມເບາະລົດ, ພົມ, ຕັບໂລ້ແລະພື້ນລົດທຸກມື້
- Assist in loading and unloading packages on vehicle
- Provide assistance with luggage and boarding to passengers
- Mentally chart out best possible route to reach desired destination
- Make use of maps and the GPS to assist in charting out actual routes
- ນຳໃຊ້ແຜນທີ່ແລະ GPS ເພື່ອຊ່ວຍໃນການຫາຫົນທາງໂຕຈິງ
- Maintain professional decorum during commute time
- Maintain and ensure that all vehicle document is valid at all time
- ໝັ້ນໃຈວ່າເອກກະສານຂອງພາຫະນະຂັບຂີ່ ຍັງສາມາດໃຊ້ໄດ້ແລະບໍ່ໝົດອາຍຸ
- Maintain and ensure log sheets are signed by passenger for any trip
- Driving by following driving rule and strict timeline rules
- Change tires and make minor adjustments or repairs to engine or vehicle body during, before and after transit
- ປ່ຽນກົງລໍ້ແລະສ້ອມແປງເຄື່ອງຈັກຫຼືໂຕພາຫະນະ ລະຫວ່າງ, ກ່ອນໜ້າແລະຫຼັງການຂັບຂີ່
- Perform general and preventative maintenance on vehicle by following scheduled timings
- Make vehicle ready to use at all time
- Send monthly report to supervisor end of each months
- Assist admin & finance offer for sending document/getting quote for procurement process
- ຊ່ວຍເຫຼືອທີມ ບໍລິຫານແລະການເງິນ ໃນການສົ່ງ/ຮັບເອກກະສານ
- Report and recommend for vehicle repairing
- Valid drivers licence
Experience and Skills
- Fully familiar with driving protocols and procedures
- Great sense of responsibility aimed at safety of vehicle, passengers and goods
- ມີຄວາມຮັບຜິດຊອບກ່ຽວກັບຄວາມປອດໄພຂອງລົດ, ຜູ້ໂດຍສານແລະສິ່ງຂອງ
- Demonstrated ability to act logically and quickly in adverse situations
- Special talent for charting out best possible routes in order to save time and fuel
- Physical dexterous to handle loading and unloading tasks
- Competent at making driving schedules and conforming to them
- Keen understanding of handling basic vehicle maintenance and repair tasks
- Good hand-eye coordination
- ສາຍຕາດີ, ການໃຊ້ງານ ມື ແລະ ຕາ ດີ
- Capability of working well under pressure especially in adverse situations such as accidents or traffic jams
- ສາມາດເຮັດວຽກພາຍໃຕ້ແຮງກົດດັນໂດຍສະເພາະແມ່ນໃນສະຖານະການທີ່ແຕກຕ່າງ ໂຕຢ່າງແມ່ນອຸບັດຕິເຫດແລະລົດຕິດ
- Adept at driving delivery vehicles in extreme weather conditions
- Thorough understanding of traffic laws and ability to “think fast on your feet”
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience driving for NGO is preferred
- ປະສົບການເຮັດວຽກຂັບລົດກັບ NGO ຢ່າງຕ່ຳ5ປີ ຈະພິຈາລະນາເປັນພິເສດ
- Outstanding Lao written skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in timely manner;
- Willingness to work long hours during peak work times;
- Highly confidential and pleasant character and willingness to serve staff.
Contract length: fixed term
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Interested candidates please submit a full application using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document including contact details of three professional referees (current and last line managers and HR department). Please also include details of your salary expectations and a copy of your ID card. There are 3 ways to apply for this position:
- Send hard copy to: Save the Children Office, HR Team, Rue Nerhu, Unit 25, Ban Phonexay (PO Box 7475)
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the title of position in your email subject line and also mention the location you apply to
- Apply via Link: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2000002O&tz=GMT%2B07%3A00&tzname=Asia%2FBangkok
Please note that we will require a copy of your Criminal Records (ໃບ້ແຈ້ງໂທດ) later.
Closing date for applications is: 23 Jan 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Save the Children International is a child rights based organization. Safe recruitment is central to the safeguarding of children and young people that we come into contact with, and support through our programmes.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the children is an equal opportunities employer, qualified females, persons with disability and candidates from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.