Senior IT Support Officer
• Join our growing company in the dynamic mining industry, multi-cultural team environment
• Excellent opportunity for IT Specialists, deliver help desk support for internal across the organization
• Generous salary and benefits Vientiane Office package –05 days on, 02 days off roster
THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE TO LAO NATIONALS ONLY.
This is an exciting time to join PanAust and our subsidiary company, Phu Bia Mining in Laos. Our Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation and our Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operation in Laos are both delivering strong production and cost performances and are targeted to reach peak production over the next few years. In addition, the PanAust Group is progressing well in its Stage 1 Feasibility Study of the newly acquired Frieda River Copper Project in PNG.
We are a growing company, committed to the future development of Lao PDR and its people. By joining the Phu Bia Mining team, you will have the opportunity to truly discover your potential and enjoy a long term, successful career. Working in a multi-cultural environment, you will be supported by experienced expatriates and Lao supervisors who will provide you with training and development and the opportunity to develop and improve your English language skills. You will be rewarded with a generous salary and benefits package, including family medical insurance and performance bonuses.
We offer many different career opportunities at our mine and exploration sites and in our Vientiane office; and as an employer who values diversity, we encourage women to apply for all available positions. Our modern mine camps provide great Lao, Asian and Western food, sport and recreational facilities and housekeeping services. Site-based employees work a roster of 20 days on, 8 days off or 14 days on, 7 days off for shift work, while Vientiane – based employees work 5 days per week with 2 days off.
Reporting to the IT Support Supervisor, you will be responsible for providing day to day IT helpdesk support for internal customers to resolve a range of software, hardware and network issues. Provides hands-on first level supports, installation of computer system. Proactively learns on new service technologies and ensure that technical knowledge is always up to date.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Providing a high quality first level IT services support to staff at all sites
• Receiving and promptly increasing customer requests
• Providing direct hands-on first level support, investigation, troubleshooting, installation of various programs and
applications and hardware
• Liaise with Infrastructure and Applications teams.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
• Bachelor in IT or related field
• Some years’ experience in a help desk role
• Previous experience with IT support and software installation
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Desktop and Microsoft Windows Server Environment
• Ability to resolve complex issues
• High quality of team player or teamwork skills
• Excellent communication skills both in Lao and English Languages
For questions regarding this position or our recruitment process, please contact to our recruitment team on +856 (0) 21
"Phu Bia Mining Limited (PBM) is a leading corporate presence in Laos and a major copper and gold producer in Southeast Asia. PBM’s producing assets are the Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation and the Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operation. With an active exploration program, the company has a portfolio of growth projects in Laos. The company is a strong contributor to the Lao economy, with total investments of over US$1.4 billion and over $500 million in payments made to the Government of Laos since the beginning of operations. PBM employs over 3,255 staff – 92 per cent of its total workforce are Lao nationals - many of whom come from communities in the vicinity of its operations. PBM’s community development programs have been recognised internationally and, more importantly, by the Government of Laos as making a strong contribution to rural socio-economic development.”